Stumbling block.

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Stumbling block.

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    charles605

I’m studying theory and trying to transcribe the song Why me lord. The first measure shown below has me mistified. I know what it’s telling me but how do I write it in tab?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9ZbfT7S7JVeboqtJA

@andrew

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Charles, unfortunately this falls outside of our support scope as I can only offer help on arrangements/lessons from Rock Class 101. But it is something that Stephen could help you with in a Skype lesson.

charles605

@andrew

Thanks just the same.

robinboyd
    Participant

It might help to have software such as Guitar Pro, which visually shows you the relationship between the tab and the score. It would probably make it easier for Stephen to show you in the lesson, too. I think they have a 7-day free trial so you can see if it works for you.

charles605

@robinboyd
    Thank you I’ll look into that.

robinboyd
    Participant

By the way, I once had a Skype lesson with Stephen when I got stuck on something, and it was very helpful. I highly recommend it.

misterbones
    Participant

@charles605 The time signature is missing, but from what’s written in the measure it appears to be 3/4 time. Also the key signature indicates G major (or E minor). The first quarter note is a double stop consisting of A and C. That’s E string 5th fret (ring finger) and A string 3rd fret (index finger), plucked simultaneously. Then a quarter pause. The third quarter is broken down into two eights, A and B. You need a low G in order to play this as written. It’s G string 2nd fret (index finger), followed by G string 4th fret (ring finger). The count is one (pluck E and A strings) – two (pause) – three (pluck G string) – and (pluck G string).
    Tab should look somewhat like below. Hope this helps.

3——–pause——x——x
    5——–pause——x——x
    x——–pause——x——x
    x——–pause——2——4
    Count: One Two Three and

charles605

@misterbones

That information will help me to transcribe a list of songs I wish to play. The sheet music doesn’t have a time signature. I will have to learn it on a standard GCEA ukulele. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.