Take on Me (Last of Us version)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Take on Me (Last of Us version)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Work was delayed today so I got in a recording before I left. I hope you like it.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@robinboyd Nice work. Itโ€™s good to see your hand is recovering.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @gi-gi. It wasn’t too bad this time. Only hurt for a few days.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, that was so awesome! You sing with such feeling and have such a rich and unique voice–you captured the spirit of this song so beautifully. Thank you for sharing! And glad your poor hand is doing better. ๐Ÿ˜…

Side note, the slow version of this song pretty much always instantly makes me tear up so that may have happened. I’m ridiculous. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

Andrew
    Keymaster

@The_Bumble_Bard – I really like this version too! Robin, you did a great job! Perfect key for your voice too.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks guys

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@Andrew, same! I love the original, and the music video for it, just a classic, and especially A-ha’s slower version, but I love a cover like this–so good. I have seen the faster version arranged for the uke, but not the slower one as much. Seems to be pretty popular right now with this cover from The Last of Us being out and all………… ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd Beautifully done sir! Well worth the wait and glad youโ€™re healing up.

@tbb Morten Harket hasnโ€™t aged, his voice is still solid and heโ€™s still making the ladies cry ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Got to take youโ€™re hat off to him heโ€™s in his sixties now ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by surferjay.
    robinboyd
    Participant

I saw him on the Masked Singer UK a few years ago. He’s definitely still got it.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@surferjay, hmmm, not sure I care for that very much! I am a lady, but I’m not “the ladies.” Nope, I reject that! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

You not wrong though on one level. He’s just as good now as he was back then. I need to look that up, @robinboyd.

Have you ever sung “Stars” from Les Miserables, Robin? I feel like that would also suit your voice quite well. Literally taking requests now… ๐Ÿ˜…

robinboyd
    Participant

I haven’t. I might give it a go at some point.

robinboyd
    Participant

I totally should have just played this on the guitalele. The key would suit my voice better, too. I just didn’t think of it.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@robinboyd, that would be lovely if you gave “Stars” a go at some point!

I just see one problem with your take with the guitarlele: It’s only the chorus. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜……๐Ÿ˜ญ

surferjay
    Participant

@robinboyd The Guitarlele sounds insane your really suits your voice also.. You captured the haunting feel of TLOU (in a good way). That was so awesome!

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks guys.

@surferjay
    – that guitalele was an absolute bargain. I got it second hand, and it had a few cracks in the wood, so it was only AU$100 or so for a solid acacia instrument with inlay and stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.