This is Awesome. Clock technique.

Home Page Forums Uke Talk This is Awesome. Clock technique.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

A classical guitarist Tariq Harb, I follow on YouTube, composed two songs recently. His song/piece/whatever Midnight is loaded with things I NEED in my playing but I zeroed in on the three coolest things first. (because com’on. They’re cool, and at least one is super useful in everyday playing.)

First, I decided need the clock chime and ticking. I can get really close imo using the harmonic area over the soundhole for the clock chime. It’s the only way I can get the string slap sound with the harmonic in it, to sound right. The ticking is from holding down the string with it in a sweet spot with the string half fretted. (Artist tip that helped a lot to nail down what to do. Ty again to Tariq for offering that.) I still am pretty bad at both the chime and ticking but they’re really cool techniques. I’m working on that bass string pluck too (Totally NEED THAT but it’s really hard, and i’m guessing at it.) Andrew, Matt, AJ, someone… I need the bass sting fast pluck thing he’s doing. Please, if any of you know how, a quick 1 min vid of the mechanics so I can practice it correctly rather than guessing… Just a thought anyway.. I know you can’t really do that though. It would have repercussions. (I just need terms to look up things… 😭)

Thought some people might enjoy trying this though. Maybe one or two of you will join me trying to play a clock on uke? 😁👍 I am going to record my progress with this, still on the fence about posting my ultra-suck, where I’m at now with it, though lol. Anyway, enjoy.

becky7777
    Participant

Wow, I realized the bass string pluck is in the Jinn song. Bonus points for being really dumb sometimes. It’s close to the beginning in this btw so no need to listen far if it’s not your thing but it’s what I went on about up there…

Sorry for being an idiot…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.