to strap or not to strap

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear to strap or not to strap

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imgoingtouke

So I got a strap for Christmas. I’m thinking about putting it on my Soprano. I’m worried because I love the sound of it now and I’m worried that it will affect the sound. What do you guys think?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Should make no difference in tone/projection. If you need to install a button, it would require to drill into body. May want to have you local shop do that if you do not feel confident.

rickeymike
    Participant

I put a strap on my soprano. I had by handyman neighbor drill the hole and install the button. Everything is fine and like Andrew said, it made no difference in the sound quality. It also helps stabilize and hold the uke in correct playing position.

lisadmh
    Participant

I love my strap. It makes it a lot easier to hold it in place. Still sounds good to me. I did have the music shop install the button.

betsy_manning
    Participant

I played without straps for awhile. When I finally got a strap, I was so happy! Makes it so easy when standing up. Wouldn’t be without it! Changed my life!

I’ve never heard of it changing the quality of the sound.

I prefer to have them professionally installed. I used to be handy with tools, but I don’t trust myself with that.

davoravo
    Participant

I installed strap buttons on my tenor. The main benefit is moving my left hand from high up the neck (toward the body) to back up to the headstock I don’t have to brave the uke with my finger or other hand to stop it slipping. No change in sound. Would not go back to no strap, except on my soprano which I trap with my right elbow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.