Transposing is hard!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Transposing is hard!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

So Tiffany and I are working on an arrangement of Because and it’s tricky because in order for us to sing harmonies, I have to sing at the top of my range and she has to sing at the bottom of hers. Playing Because in C#m takes me well out of my range (unless I sing an octave low), so we decided to take the capo off and play it in Am, which means we have to transpose both singing parts, which is hard and gives me a headache. We’ve done it though (with the help of a web transposing tool). Anyway, we’re getting there!

hotmilktea

Wow looking forward to your result! I change nothing, but the song itself is alreay reeeeeally hard to sing. Especially the Bridge part.

robinboyd
    Participant

I’m really struggling with the bridge too. It’s not that it’s a difficult note to hit, but it’s really hard to find after singing the verse. Because of that, we actually decided to just do the harmony for the verses and I’ll just sing the bridge on my own. I think it will work stylistically, but we are still a long way off.

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to hearing what you work out. Such a great song. And yes really hard anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.