Uke fest and new ukes!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Uke fest and new ukes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Oh the ukuweekend I’ve had, my friends!

Yesterday was Royal City Uke Fest. It’s just a mellow little fest but it was great! I participated in workshops and managed to hold my own in intermediate level ones. I could follow along and was not at the bottom of the class. I even sort of made it through the strum along, although in that I was the bottom of the class. ☺ I did great at the chord melody workshop though.

There was an amazing concert at night. I saw Abe Lagrimas (amAZing!) and Victoria Vox and others.

My boyfriend surprised me with a five string Ohana in a room full of people at a workshop. He’s a keeper! I’ve been eyeing that one and they had it there on a special festival price. It is amazing.

Then at the concert they did a draw for a cute little ohana sopranino and I won! It’s so tiny and adorable. Two new ukes in one day. Just wow! Where am I gonna put them all.

Cool thing, I can really see and understand a lot of what they’re doing now. Ok, maybe not everything for Abe’s performance, but everyone else. I can see them playing out of the box and using the CAGED method, etc.

I talked up RC101 lots. I hope we get some new members out of it. People were impressed with my playing and I attributed it all to the site. People are really looking to break out of strumming cowboy chords and this is the place to do it.

At a uke fest, I feel like I’m with my people. Those performances, ah, life goals!

becky7777
    Participant

Wow! Nice Lisa! Congrats! 😁 I’ve not been to a uke fest, but I can relate to the finding “my people” thing.💖 Super congrats on winning that soprano too!

robinboyd
    Participant

Awesome!

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks! I’d love to go to a big snazzy southern one but our humble little fest was so inspiring. If you get a chance, Becky, I highly recommend it.

miztaken
    Participant

Congratulations on your win, and your boyfriend who understands!
    What a beautiful gift from him, and a wonderful day for you.

ukukelley1
    Participant

I’m so excited for you! I went to an event (Uke Ohana) in August and had that same feeling (mind blown!) talking and living ukes for several days with like-minded people, getting lots of focused teaching and exposure to great playing. So great that you have new ukuleles, too! Enjoy them!
    Sheryl

lisadmh
    Participant

Wow, uku. Mine was a little one day. I’d love to do one of those multi day ones. Sounds like so much fun!

I’m loving my new ukes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.