Uke republic

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Uke republic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jbmills07
    Participant

Just wanted to share that I bought my first uke republic ukulele a couple days ago online and it’s suppose to arrive tomorrow! I’m pretty excited about it!

Justin

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow! Definitely exciting. Pictures expected 🙂

Linda

Andrew
    Keymaster

Let’s put extra pressure on Justin. Video expected 😉

jbmills07
    Participant

Haha absolutely! Expect to see it in my Rudolph the red nose reindeer video 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sweet!

jbmills07
    Participant

Alright! It has arrived! You requested a video, so I did a little unboxing!

gi_gi_
    Participant

That uke is stunning.

surferjay
    Participant

Wow that’s a good looking Uke and I love the sound combination of the mahogany and spruce.

akukes73
    Participant

Congratulations- it’s beautiful. I’ve heard the pineapple shape is optimal for ukulele sustain and sound. Enjoy!

jbmills07
    Participant

Thank you everyone 🙂 I look forward to using it to perform the December challenge!

jbmills07
    Participant

So I am sad to report, that I went to play my newest ukulele recently (from uke republic) and it looked like this (see photo below) 🙁
    Not sure what happened. I’m assuming the glue gave out or something? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Oh wow! That’s crazy! I’d contact Mike or Ohana directly. I’m sure there’s a warranty on their instruments.

jbmills07
    Participant

Yeah maybe I will reach out. It looks like the glue just let go, but I’m not sure if there is a deeper issue or not. I assume not, but I also assume it wouldn’t cost too much to have the bridge reattached right? Not sure if it’s worth bugging uke republic over. Unfortunately the luthier I have used in the past closed shop about 6 months ago. So I’ll have to look around for a new place. But there must be someone near me.

surferjay
    Participant

I don’t think it will cost much to fix but the question is more why it happened…

Maybe it’s due to the way it’s stored hot/cold… I have no idea but I think that’s pretty unusual..

jbmills07
    Participant

I don’t think it’s the location I have it. I have three other ukuleles hanging on the wall in the same room, and I’ve never had any issues with any of them. Also, the uke in question is by far my newest uke. I got it only a couple months ago. That’s why I was thinking maybe the glue simply wasn’t applied well enough or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.