Ukelele Review (Kelly Stillfield)

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ukelele Review (Kelly Stillfield)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Hi everyone. I recently got a new uke and did a short video review of it. Here it is.

smokealot
    Participant

I didnt watch the whole video, i stopped at the point where you mentioned it was made out of wood from your garden and sunk into that feeling. Must be very special to have such an instrument!

Thanks for sharing.

robinboyd
    Participant

It’s an amazing feeling. At the point we cut down the trees, we didn’t think we’d ever have enough money to get something made out of them. We got them milled and just hoped. When I found Kelly, I was so happy that we would be able to get something made out of those trees, even if it wasn’t perfect. As it is, it’s definitely not perfect (you will see I point out a few flaws halfway though the video), but I’m still very happy with it. I’m still amazed at how good the intonation is. It’s better than any of my other ukes!

mac1984
    Participant

That’s awesome you made a uke from your own wood!

lisadmh
    Participant

Interesting review Robin. It looks like it was made with a loving hand. The quirks are just a personal touch. What a cool process. I’d love to do that some days. I don’t have a garden though. That’s a special thing. It sounds great too. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.