using tenor strings on a concert

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear using tenor strings on a concert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    anirbaf
    Participant

hey folks,

I just ordered a new concert size uke, and thought about using the strings from my old tenor which are pretty new. I have conflicting information about this. in forums people keep saying that it would potentially destroy the instrument because of high string tension. then again, this doesn’t make much sense to me, as there are already differences in string tension depending on the brand. also the worth strings come in very long strings that need to be cut up for the different uke sizes, so they obviously don’t discriminate between soprano, concert or tenor.

what do you think? what is your experiences?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’d send an email to Mike @ Uke Republic. I’m sure he knows the answer. Tell him I sent ya 🙂

miztaken
    Participant

Keep us informed on your reply from Mike@UkeRepublic please.
    I thought they were just same strings but longer length?!?! I am interested to see if there is any difference because I have used tenor sets when I have run out of concert length and just trimmed to length.

anirbaf
    Participant

hey,

I wrote a mail to ukerepublic but unfortunately didn’t get an answer. I use now the said tenor strings on my concert uke and they work fine, good sound and everything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.