What am I doing?????

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons What am I doing?????

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

This is really frustrating. I have been practicing this on my low G tenor and it’s really hard. I just tried it on my low G concert, though, and not only can I manage those stretch chords, but I can manage them COMFORTABLY! The trouble is that my low G concert only has 14 frets and you need 15 for this arrangement. I think I need a new uke!

lisadmh
    Participant

Lol. Always just one more. Maybe you’ll win the fancy fancy one in the challenge? Or keep stretching. You’ll get there. At least, I keep telling myself I’ll get there so you will too.

becky7777
    Participant

I’m in the same boat Robin. I need 19 frets to play everything I want to. (My uke stops at 16. Evans new song has up to 17 lol)

If you’re 1 fret short depending on what you need to play up there, you can get notes off the strings past the frets. I don’t know if things can be chorded up there though. (When I was doing it, I only messed with single notes)

robinboyd
    Participant

I’ve got my fingers crossed about the fancy one. Anyway, I’m not going to rush out to get a new one. If I get one, I want to make sure it is nice. In the mean time I’ll keep trying on my tenor. Some of the chords that were giving me grief earlier (like 1346) are much easier now.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hey @Andrew – I’m going to echo my question about Sleep Walk. Is it OK if I barre the 6th fret for the Gdim chord in bar 19? I’m quite comfortable with barre chords and playing it with all 4 fingers seems a bit fiddly. (I’ll have enough fiddly stuff to deal with when I transition from A7 to Dm)

robinboyd
    Participant

Actually, I think I understand now. Normally, the barre version would be easier for me, but there are so many barre chords in that section that my thumb needs a bit of relief, so the 4-finger version would probably work better for me.

robinboyd
    Participant

Just posting about my progress again to keep myself motivated to keep going.

I’m now up to bar 21. I’m using my usual approach of looking at the tabs first and referring to the videos as necessary. When I got to the E7 chord in bar 21 (1245 transitioning to 1242), I immediately thought “I need to look at the video to see how Andrew thinks we should approach that one.” Funnily enough, he proposes an easier version. Thank you @Andrew 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by robinboyd.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Way to go! Almost done w/ Theme 3. 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

@Andrew – I agree that the transition from Dm to Asus4 to A in bar 22 is really pretty. Saying that is probably a bit of a giveaway that I have more or less memorised theme 3. I think I want to keep going to the end now. I’ve already worked out the fingering for the tricky chords in bars 23 and 24.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.