What am I doing?????

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons What am I doing?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

So I don’t feel like doing the strumming course right now. That doesn’t mean I never will, but I’m just not in the mood for it, so that got me thinking, what am I in the mood for? Having been invited by Lyndall to a professional guitarist’s house, I’m kind of tempted to try one of his tabs for my guitalele, but then I remembered something else that has been in my “too hard basket” for a while.

Moonlight Sonata

Am I crazy? Oh well, here goes!

nthibode

Let me know how it goes, @robinboyd! I would love to try this one too.

miztaken
    Participant

Ha! I told my music teacher that Moonlight Sonata is what I want to work towards!!!
    This is my ultimate piece (but I bet Andrew will just keep adding OTHER ultimate pieces, and I will never achieve everything in this life, but will have fun trying).
    I am looking forward to watching your progress.
    I have got as far as printing it out… ;D

Andrew
    Keymaster

@miztaken – I wrapped up filming the lessons for Bohemian Rhapsody the other week. Gosh, I can’t tell you how many hours that one took, but yes one more ultimate piece is coming up LOL!

@robinboyd
    – Keep working on it, there’s a good chance you’ll see it in October’s challenge. And if things work out as I hope, this will be a challenge you won’t want to miss 😉

robinboyd
    Participant

@Andrew – Well, that would be pretty awesome! Let me guess, you’re going to do a version of the prize for the Moon challenge and offer a Skype lesson with Beethoven? Anyway, I’ve got the first few lines down and I’m about to get to the really tricky bits.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by robinboyd.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Oh, and that fingering for the 4475 chord (not using the pinky) is a good stretch. It’s just manageable, so I think it will help train my fingers.

robinboyd
    Participant

This is taking me a while. I’m trying to get bar 12 at the moment, and it is absolutely insane! I’ve been working off the tabs and referring back to the video as necessary and you’d better believe that I had to refer to the video for this bar. At least Andrew uses the fingering I was hoping he’d use, not the one I feared.

By the way, I think I might have worked out next month’s theme. I’m looking forward to seeing if I’m right.

robinboyd
    Participant

Oh this is freaky. After several weeks of practicing this song, my left hand now stretches about 1 cm wider than my right hand!

nthibode

Neat @robinboyd!

What do you think — maybe a piano theme for the next challenge?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Mine too stretches farther than the right! Next month is always halloween themed, but with a twist this time around. Unfortunately, I had to cut this one from the list 🙁

lisadmh
    Participant

I just tested myself. I have a full fret more on my left. And here I thought I want making progress. Cool!

robinboyd
    Participant

@nthibode – That was my thought, but it looks like this has been cut, so now I don’t know.

robinboyd
    Participant

I thought I was on top of all the stretch chords and then I came across 5339. Seriously????

nthibode

Ouch! I can’t stretch that far on my low-G tenor.

lisadmh
    Participant

Lol. I can’t do that on my little tiny sopranino

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.