What size…

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear What size…

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dav951753
    Participant

Hello, everyone!

I just stepped into the world of ukulele about one month ago.

What I have now are a Kala KA-S (which is a soprano) and a concert ukulele.

I’m still not sure what size I like more, maybe concert one.

I tried different sizes at a ukulele store a few days ago.

And what I found is I like Tenor ones most when I sit down.

But when I stand up and I have difficulties to hold a Tenor ukulele. I feel like the body of Tenor ukulele is too big to hold it.

What the salesman told me is that a strap can help you with this problem. (but honestly, I would prefer playing ukulele without a strap so I would feel free somehow. Like, I don’t have to play ukulele depend on it. I can play my ukulele whenever I want.)

I’ll post two pictures of myself holding two different sizes ukulele, can you guys give me some recommendations?

Thanks!

davoravo
    Participant

Hey man, I think from the above posts it is quite clearly personal preference and it is likely to change with time. It depends on how you play (standing or sitting), what you play (strum or fingering – tenor is probably better for finger style in the long run), where you play (soprano and concerto slightly easier to transport than tenor) and who you play with. Tenor is louder but probably still not loud enough to compete with a guitar without an amp.

I have a tenor, but want a concert but i am slowly getting used to the tenor and changing my mind. You have two instruments, why don’t you play the hell out of them until you wear them out or get sick of them and then decide which you prefer? Give it a decent amount of time, because you may decide you want something really different like a baritone.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.