Work in progress

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Work in progress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    akukes73
    Participant

I was hesitant to post this as it is still very much a work in progress. I have nearly memorised the song (which is progress for me), so there are a few hesitations. The reason for posting is to ask for some tips for improvement? I’m only at about 65-70% of Andrew’s speed but rather than trying to speed up I thought I should focus on cleaning up my technique first. Thanks, Ash

surferjay
    Participant

Sounded awesome! I’m not familiar with the song so the speed isn’t something I noticed.. what I would try to work on is trying to get the song to flow without any pauses/hesitations.

People most likely won’t notice if your version is faster or slower than the original but the ear will pick up pauses…

Take what I say with a pinch of salt as well as I’m also learning but that’s what I try and work on rather than the speed which will come in the end.

akukes73
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Jay! Andrew’s is very fluid and that pedal tone of the open E comes through so well, I’ll try also slowing down slightly to try and improve the flow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.