Reply To: Participate in the June 2017 Member Challenge – TV Themes Challenge ($400 Prize)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2017 Member Challenge – TV Themes Challenge ($400 Prize) Reply To: Participate in the June 2017 Member Challenge – TV Themes Challenge ($400 Prize)

olphart

Thanks for the encouragement Andrew. I think I’m just temporarily stuck on a plateau.
I took pairs of bars and repeated them over and over til they sounded right, then went on to the next. By the time I got back to the first set I was back to square one… It got so that I could play individual parts just fine, but when it came to putting them together, making the transitions was difficult. That chorus, for some reason was a huge challenge. I never did get it close to right until I left out the extra notes and even then…
I started to make a little progress when I began to memorize the whole thing like I did with the Mountain King but by then it was too late.

I think I may have shot myself in the foot as well by flipping back and forth between the bari and the tenor…my fingers kept getting confused LOL

What bothers me is the amount of time I spent practicing vs the progress made. It looks like I spent very little on it, but I did practice at least a half hour a day most days, sometimes more.