25 Question Lightning Round #1: Ukulele Extravaganza

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons 25 Question Lightning Round #1: Ukulele Extravaganza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

In a fun and creative way to engage with you guys, I asked for lightning round questions. And boy, did you guys deliver! In this week’s ukulele lesson, I’ll be answering 25 questions with special guest, Mike, from Uke Republic. Grab a snack and a drink. It’s going to take awhile 😁

Feel free to post questions and comments below!

john11
    Participant

Hi Andrew…couldn’t find the triplet on Uke Republic

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi John, I’m not sure what you mean by that. Triplet’s were mentioned in reference to the strumming technique: triplet strum and the rhythmic value of a triplet. It has no relation to Uke Republic.

geneo1
    Participant

Banannas

carrie
    Participant

Would less tension in a string be a sign of needing new strings?
    Would a shifting pitch…like wavering between a F -F#-F (when the problem isn’t plucking too hard?) I’m asking for a friend. 😛

-carrie

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Carrie, I’m not really sure. Sounds more like an issue with the uke. They can change strings and if the problem persists, then we def know it’s the uke.

Also guys, lets keep questions/comments related to the 25 questions from the video. We’ll def do another LR video in the future! Please post questions/comments with question # as a reference. For example:

My question is in regards to #22, etc.

lisathoyt

Need help with rhythm also. Question 17
    Thanks

charley
    Participant

Bananas. Thanks for doing this. Very interesting too.

chipkk

Bananas’ great questions asked and answered from all levels of playing.

kayleighb

Thanks for this! Some really helpful nuggets in there 😀

I have a 2 fold question for the next round but can’t find the thread for it. I have a cheap Mahalo soparano uke which I bought just to test out if I enjoyed it or not. Turns out I do yay! So..

1. Would you recommend upgrading to a concert size – I notice some of the more advanced pieces I will run out of fretboard on the little soprano I have

2. Is there a concert size uke (Kala or otherwise) that you would recommend for beginners/intermediate level players that I could look to buy in the UK or get shipped over?

bay1view
    Participant

Bananas!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lisa, question 17 gets its own video 🙂 I’ll be working on that soon!

Save those questions Kay. I’ll make a new forum post for LR #2 in the future 🙂

lisadmh
    Participant

Bananas. 🍌

Thanks for all these answers. Great stuff!

meelor
    Participant

John, you were doing the same thing I was doing. You may have figured this out by now.

For anyone watching the video from within this thread. If you click on the “Watch on Youtube” button in the video window, all of the links will be in the comments of the video on youtube.

Good Stuff.

vidafntn
    Participant

Bananas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.