A budding intermediate song for 2020?

Home Page Forums Uke Talk A budding intermediate song for 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by rickeymike.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by rickeymike.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Looks like I can’t post a youtube video……….

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by rickeymike.
    becky7777
    Participant

Not sure what that one would be honestly. It might have to be a duet so someone can play the strumming while someone does the guitar part he’s playing in the video? You might be able to swing in strumming around the main part like I did with the x-files thing though? Since i’m having a beastly time with chords I have no idea if it could be a solo arrangement.

Below is based on my assumption everyone tries to figure out songs they like by figuring out the single note version.

Most of the iconic guitar part sounds like it’s single notes? If you have a device/browser that youtube can be slowed down on, it might be easier at 50% speed or whatever? In your case you’re lucky you can look at the guy playing the ukulele in a bunch of it too. The song doesn’t seem jazz based either which gives you another super advantage. (Nothing weird or overly complicated.) Biggest thing is writing down the bits you figure out as you go.

If you share tab as you go, I can help check to see if it sounds right to me.(best I can personally do) Might be able to help with more depending if you’re stuck and I can hear it. (If I can, but you already know I kinda suck lol.)

I got on figuring out St. Elsewhere (Grusin) when I saw the teaser for the new coarse. I’m stuck at a walk up at around 14 seconds in, that I’m having a tough time hearing correctly. (Think it’s just 3rds or something, but can’t hear the FIRST note it drops to, to start it. 😭 After I try something wrong, no note on the uke sounds right anymore.)

Anyway, offer is there. I can help if you want help if im capable.

becky7777
    Participant

Can’t edit, but it may help to try thinking of notes you’re trying to play as midi tones, rather than instruments? (Like old video games, or the tab player on synthetic mode)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by becky7777. Reason: Typing errors from gloves
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by becky7777.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Becky. It’s definitely on my back burner but I bet it would make a good duet with Stephen on U-bass.

becky7777
    Participant

Offer is for anything btw. Not enough of us are asking each other for help, in my opinion.

Sucks to not be able to talk to anyone anymore 😕

jinajupiter
    Participant

Cool! Try to figure the melody and play with this backing track

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by jinajupiter.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by jinajupiter.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Wow! That’s a keeper. How the heck did you discover this?????

robinboyd
    Participant

Just found this too 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Another WOW, Robin. Too bad you have to be a Patreon to get the tabs. Can you tell if that is a low g setup. Watching him, even the C string sounds low. Could that also be a tenor uke?

becky7777
    Participant

Think it’s a high G in Stu’s video, but I only clicked for a few seconds. He usually only plays high G or banjo uke. I kind of got turkey in the straw from him, because I was hearing the ice cream truck blasting it.

rickeymike
    Participant

Becky, it sounds so nice and mellow. Would a tenor make it sound low? And…..I run away at the sound of Turkey in the Straw. LOL

robinboyd
    Participant

It is definitely low G. I reckon I could work it out from the video without the tabs. It would be worth a try if you want to give it a go.

rickeymike
    Participant

I do so love Apache. It’s on my to-do list!

robinboyd
    Participant

About 10 seconds of fiddling…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.