aNueNue UC200

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear aNueNue UC200

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    miztaken
    Participant

Oh dear!!!
    With Beloved Husband’s encouragement I have just bought an aNueNue concert ukulele (UC200) on eBay from HongKong. It was/is a good price, I just hope I haven’t lost my money.

Beloved Husband says he “understands”, and that it is now ok for him to spend $260 frivolously on a guitar!!!! (because I just spent $1500 on a uke, and he is fully aware of this. He never was good at maths).

Now I shall have an anxious wait for it to arrive.
    Oh lord, I forgot to check if Indian rosewood is allowed into Australia.

But… look at the shape of that beauty!

robinboyd
    Participant

That is absolutely beautiful!

miztaken
    Participant

@robynboyd …isn’t it just! And it has the most amazing reviews, compared well to the 4Ks.
    I have just bought an aboriginal art uke strap for it, in preparation. I think it will suit it well, and really nice to have something “local” on it.

miztaken
    Participant

It’s COMING!!!!

lyndallk
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing it with your new strap and hearing you play it. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to bring it into Oz, Miztaken!

A little jealous!

miztaken
    Participant

I expect so Lyndall, I checked through Aus Post and restrictions, and there don’t seem to be any for this instrument.
    I can’t quite believe I am getting it! One day I shall do it justice, and in the mean time I have my beautiful eucalale to “wear out” too.
    I AM truly the luckiest person, and spoiled too 🙂

soraya06
    Participant

@miztaken is that a moonbird ?!? OH my gosh i am in love with the sound and look of that uke ! It truly is a stunner, you are one lucky lady 🙂 Hope it arrives safe and happy in OZ soon !

My dream uke is the blackbird farallon sunburst, the sound of it is so sweet and its weatherproof so i can take it with me wherever and jam to my hearts content….ugh… one day…..

In the meantime i’ll drool over these clips 🙂

miztaken
    Participant

Hi @soraya06 – yep, a Moon Bird! I can’t wait – it is currently somewhere between there and here.

The Farrallon sunburst is a fine instrument, and most importantly “not brown” (sort of).
    I do hope you get one some day.
    I really like the concept of it, and the sound is awesome as a bonus.

miztaken
    Participant

IT’S IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!

robinboyd
    Participant

And you’ve just demonstrated the advantage of living in Sydney. For us, it would take that long to get to Melbourne, and then it would sit in port for a week.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by robinboyd.
    miztaken
    Participant

Got to have something going for us to make up for the ridiculous prices of everything…

wabbit
    Participant

I’d pay any price to play like Cory Fujimoto.

miztaken
    Participant

@wabbitt – I am SURE it will make me play just like Kalei Gamiao, but I will be happy with Cory Fujimoto as second best. 🙂

lyndallk
    Participant

@miztaken How’s it going with the new Uke? Are you going to play something for us?

miztaken
    Participant

@lyndallk My eucalele is at the luthiers having a few adjustments, if possible.
    …And my second excuse is that I am just “not good enough”…
    and third excuse: I get surprising stage fright!!!
    I am usually a fairly confident big-mouth, but with the uke my brain fries and my fingers become ten thumbs with any hint of a human audience! I am ok with cats though, and Beloved Husband because he is my biggest fan.
    Even with my new music teacher who is a really lovely, gentle soul – I become this fumbling buffoon playing the same thing I “mastered” the night before.

It is quite interesting observing myself. Where did this person come from?
    More practice required, and maybe taking it to a park to practice because there will be people there. Or something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.