Any experiences with Ortega Uke ?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Any experiences with Ortega Uke ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johanna
    Participant

Hi there.
    I am very pleased to be here in this ukulele group πŸ™‚
    am new here on rockclass101.
    I play on a Cordoba Concert now, which i really like. But i would like to “upgrade” to a Tenor Ukulele (maybe with pickup) and i thought about the Ortega Lizard TE-GB – anybody knows that one ?

I heard it being played on Instagram by a guy called carlos_bone_padilla and i really like the sound and the style.
    Maybe somebody here knows more than me ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Keep on strumming πŸ™‚
    Johanna

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Johanna, looks like no-one has played this brand. Reach out to Mike at http://www.ukerepublic.com/. He’ll for sure know about this brand and be able to answer your questions. Tell him I sent ya πŸ™‚

johanna
    Participant

Hi Andrew.
    Thank you – i will do that! πŸ™‚

jinajupiter
    Participant

I play Ortega Horizon concert. Very happy with it. It’s made out of Bamboo. I think it’s a German brand. Not only does it look funny with the tuning knobs on the downside of the neck. The sound is very bright and sparkly.

I have an Ortega concert. It’s a blue one with cutaway and pickup from the Earth Series. I switched the strings our for Living Water. The main thing that bugs me is the logo on the head is a sticker, so that looks cheap and it’s gonna wear off, but the important part of how it sounds is good. It has decent volume. It’s light. It feels pretty balanced and overall I like it. Plus, they’re reasonably priced.

After I wrote this, I noticed your question was asked a long time ago. So, did you get one and how is it?

Also, here she is. I named her Little Eddie Bouvier.

johanna
    Participant

Thank you jinajupiter and sprintingyogini for sharing your experience. Both ukuleles look great πŸ™‚
    I did not play for a long time and right now i don’t even have a uke, but maybe the next paycheck let’s me buy one πŸ‘

Happy strumming πŸ™‚
    Johanna

jinajupiter
    Participant

I must say though after comparing with other Ukes the notes on my Ortega don’t sustain as much after playing. So some how the sound dies faster.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.