Body beat pulse metronome?

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear Body beat pulse metronome?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

https://www.petersontuners.com/products/bodybeatpulse/

Found this product kind of randomly today, but has anyone used it? It seems like something that wouldn’t drive me crazy… And it’s on sale right now.

mfaske
    Participant

becky7777 – Thanks for sharing this. I might give it a try. My metronome is really loud and sometimes too much. The reviews on Amazon and Sweetwater are pretty good, and the sale price is from Peterson is better than anywhere else I’ve found.

Plus, this is something I could use when recording my performance for the monthly member challenge!

becky7777
    Participant

Aww heck. I just bought it.

I suppose i’ll let people know if it’s worth considering. It says it’s silent.. I can’t imagine how it can be silent or phone companies would be using the tech. But who knows.

becky7777
    Participant

Just an update on this thing.

I had to get used to the short burst of ‘phone vibration’ it gives off for each metronome pulse. Once I did, this thing is pretty awesome actually.

It charges on a usb port. Once charged you clip the thing on your waistband so the capsule touches your skin and plug it into your metronome or device through the earbud/ headphones jack. It makes noise just like a cell phone buzzing away on vibrate but you can adjust it, so it’s not that noticeable. Once I start playing I can barely hear it.

It’s pretty neat though. The pulse makes it easier for me to get ON the beat. After using it for a while, it reminds me of being at a concert and how you feel the drums in your body because they’re so loud. Not sure if that makes sense, but that’s why it seems easier to get it on the click for me. The click is tapping me.

I think their app is cr “Apple products only” to get enhanced features. I don’t know if the app works on android, I didn’t bother trying the app since I have a metronome.

I’d probably rate it 4/5. (app is not on my platform and can’t use the advanced features. -1 🌟)
    Company shipped super fast. (I got mine direct from Peterson because it was on sale.)
    Would I buy it again? Actually yes and no. If I had the money I’d probably buy their deluxe version which has everything in a metronome unit, (but holy cow it’s a wee bit pricey. The company looks like it makes pro equipment though.) but I would get the solo again if I need to. (Affordable lol) Not having to get more and more tense listening to a high pitch beep is great for me.

mfaske
    Participant

becky7777 – Thanks for the review. I just ordered one. For the price, it’s worth a try. And I love gadgets. I’ll let you know how it works for me.

becky7777
    Participant

mfaske- Yes, please do. 😁

rjn1952
    Participant

Becky,

I’ve been looking for a metronome and your review of this item interested me.

Which version would you recommend for a beginner?

Thanks.

ReBecca

becky7777
    Participant

@rjin1952 – Any metronome or metronome app will work fine. I only have the body beat pulse and a cheap combo tuner/metronome.

The Body Beat Pulse from Peterson, shakes like a phone on vibrate to each beat. If you have a cell phone you can probably do the same thing this does, with a free app.

I don’t really recommend this part but this one is great at annoying my family too, because like a phone on vibrate, if it touches furniture or the floor while it’s on, you can hear it through the floor and walls like said phone on vibrate. (“MRR! MRR! MRR!” -but nonstop.)(Honestly, revenge was pretty sweet with this because it stops when you decide to stop it if you power it while it’s on. Family doesn’t leave their rotten cell phones buzzing away on tables or their beds while they sleep anymore. They understand why they drove me crazy for years now, which was a great bonus perk with the pulse for me.)

cinichol
    Participant

Any updates on these gadgets? Do you like any better or worse?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.