Guitar Course

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Guitar Course

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I’m using this site to improve my uke playing and really like how it is organised. It’s not too slow and easy but also not so hard you become discouraged. Does anyone know of a similar resource for learning Guitar? I did a free trial on Guitartricks.com (after a million Youtube ads) and didn’t like it that much, was a bit slow and boring. I found some videos on Rockclass101 but it doesn’t look as complete as the Uke resources. Any suggestions appreciated.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Check out Dave’s course at GuitarZero2Hero. He’s an excellent player and teacher 🙂

If you join or reach out to him, tell him I sent ya!

becky7777
    Participant

I’m enjoying Justinguitar.com and his forum. He has a lot of resources free of charge and appreciates donations. His forum is supportive and kind. Justin is testing his redone course currently by relearning guitar left handed and sharing the videos of the practice. I “tested” into roughly his intermediate stuff coming from here, but there was/is gaps I’m filling in.

Truefire has great stuff. Their site crashes my tablet loading the sheet music and video but it’s worth checking out. Lots of great players made courses there like Tim Sparks.

Zombie Guitar has great the videos on YouTube for theory. He explains concepts well in my opinion. I’m broke so I couldn’t try his paid content on his website.

Fret Jam also has really good vids for theory. I don’t know if they have a website. I never looked.

MT Guitar is a new YouTube channel. He’s doing daily lessons and is currently taking song requests. (I’m working on mine right now, which I knew would be difficult, but it’s turning out do-able!!!💖💖) His lessons are presented mostly intermediate, similar to Andrew’s more advanced older lessons currently so some knowledge is required.

Those are my top guitar guys currently.

robinboyd
    Participant

I’ll check out those sites when I get stuck. I also recently bought a guitar but I haven’t hit a wall yet, so I’ll just keep going until I do.

Thanks Andrew, will check it out🤟🏻

Thanks for the suggestions Becky, will take a look.

johanna2509
    Participant

@Andrew Do you think Dave’s course is suitable if I want to learn the electric guitar? I know that all the basic techniques can be applied to both acoustic and electric guitar. But he mostly has tutorials for acoustic guitar on his youtube channel.

I like his way of teaching. His explanations are as clear as yours 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Check out Justin Guitar. Dave’s focus, atm, is on acoustic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.