Hello from México

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself Hello from México

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carmen-s
    Participant

Hi my name is Carmen and I joined Rock Class two months ago I just subscribe for my first year, my goal for this year is to be able to understand music, I have always wanted to understand and not just to be able to play I don’t want to just learn songs I want to be able to listen any song and learn it if I want to, and also be able to make my own music as well, so if anyone has some guidance or tips on what to learn first let me know please 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

Welcome Carmen! Glad to have you onboard with us!

So this is actually one of the most common questions I get asked: Where to start? This week I’m working on creating: Learning Paths. Which will be guided step-by-step plans for where to start in regards to beginner, intermediate, and advanced players. It’s much needed as we currently have over 215 lessons. And it will dive into detail on topics such as the ones you’re interested in.

In the meantime, let’s see if I can give you a couple ideas on where to start. First, you’ll need to establish a strong foundation in music theory, specifically as it relates to harmony. Luckily, we just released a course covering the fundamentals of this. The first module (5 lessons) in An Introduction to Music Theory & Jamming will be a a great first step in developing your theory knowledge.

Next, you’ll want to devote a lot of time to developing your ear. One of our members is actually working on the same thing. Check out this forum post for advice on how to get started with that.

Let me know if you have any questions.

carmen-s
    Participant

Thank you so much for the response Andrew I’m in module 5 of the Beginner’s Guide course after that I plan to start the introduction to music theory and will definitely check and come back to that post you just send me, thank you 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

My pleasure 🙂 Don’t hesitate to email or post on the forum if you have questions on the lessons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.