Help: fingering for the B chord in People Are Strange

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Help: fingering for the B chord in People Are Strange

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

How does this sound? no fretting of G.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Big improvement! 🙂

holly1

Hey can I jump in here and ask a question too… the G string is giving me trouble as well but in a different manner. I’m playing on a cheap Soprano uke w a wound Low G. During the 3rd verse, when playing the octave up and then plucking the open low G, it sounds awful, mainly because the 3 other strings go way out of tune (sharp) as I move down the neck. Suggestions? Can I play second string 7th fret instead of the open 4th? I could really use a quality pineapple tenor uke for my low G songs. Lol.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by holly1.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Just looked ahead and watched your instructions for the Build Up. My low G soprano has only 12 frets. Is there a variant fix for this?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@holly1 – yes, you can do that. It sounds like an intonation issue with your ukulele.

@rickeymike
    – I’d play B7 (4) for 2 bars. It also keeps you in position for the next section 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

OK. So, play bar 21 twice. Then jump to bar 23? Also in bar 24 and 25 the second note is 14-12. What can I substitute for that note?

Andrew
    Keymaster

OK. So, play bar 21 twice. Then jump to bar 23?

Yes

Also in bar 24 and 25 the second note is 14-12. What can I substitute for that note?

The easiest solution would be to sub every 14 for 12.

lisadmh
    Participant

Somebody needs a new low G uke. Just saying, @Andrew.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.