Help. The B directly below the middle C

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Help. The B directly below the middle C

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

Jina has given good advice.

Re: knowing what the melody note is, just hum the melody to yourself. Are you humming the G or the B? (or neither? For all I know that interval might be just filler and not part of the melody at all)

It might be a good exercise to take one of the easier RC101 songs and just play the melody (i.e. just one string at a time). Dream a Little Dream has a nice recognizable melody.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by robinboyd.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Good advice too, robin. I forgot about the obvious, that is, already written songs on RockClass.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Another solution I didn’t think of; If you transpose the whole song half a tone up the b will become a c-note. (And the g a g#). So you can play it on your regular uke, just shift your LH one fret to the right and those open strings play the first fret instead. If it is a vocal song, half a step won’t make much of a difference.

robinboyd
    Participant

@jinajupiter – That was my option 4) and I agree that it’s a good option 🙂

rickeymike
    Participant

Ok people, I’m learning bits & pieces of music. With my hunt and pluck method of finding the correct note, I never realized that if I play ALL the notes one fret higher it would sound correct (is that a true statement?) So, if I have this correct, when I play a series of notes as written, THEN for the following note, I play one fret higher it will sound off but if I play that whole series of notes one fret higher PLUS the one fret higher note that I added, then, TOGETHER, it sounds correct……..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.