I AM Doing IT!!!!

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons I AM Doing IT!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    miztaken
    Participant

I started your lessons mid-August, and it felt like I was back at DAY ONE with my playing!
    I have been struggling with the Beginner Course lessons, because theory and tabulature were not part of my previous three-year uke experience.
    Two weeks ago I was even in tears over my ukulele, and my failure to grasp what you were teaching, so I put it away for three days… but missed it so much – even the struggle, that I had to continue my practice schedule.
    So my two to six hours per day of practice have come to fruition, and I just want to crow about it!!!
    I can now understand you, I can read tabulature (slowly and clumsily) and play along with the recordings until I get up to speed.
    And now I can add a new (beginners) lesson, or song every two to three days!
    I am so darned excited, and pleased with myself.
    Thanks Andrew, you are getting me to where I want to be: playing beautiful ukulele.
    And now I see that I can get there (and EARN my #8 ukulele which I have recently ordered from Uke Republic).
    Thank you, thank you, thank you – I love your lessons.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Way to go, Miz! Just out of curiosity, what kind of uke did you order? ๐Ÿ™‚

Andrew
    Keymaster

AWESOME to hear! And if you ever get frustrated or need help, don’t hesitate to ask me ?’s. That’s what I’m here for ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. Mike says hi!

miztaken
    Participant

Deadbuggy – THIS one.. because it is beautiful, and not brown (I just have to decorate brown ukes so they are not brown any more), and Mike makes it sound lovely.
    Eucalyptus – because I am from Australia, lots and lots of gorgeous abalone front and back.
    If I don’t sound just like Mike or Andrew… I will just have to practice more.
    https://ukerepublic.bigcartel.com/product/ohana-ck-450qel-solid-quilted-eucalyptus-concert-ukulele

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by miztaken.
    miztaken
    Participant

Thanks Andrew… I am working you out.
    Usually, I just press pause while I practice what you are telling “me” to do. (Although I do admit to cursing you quite often before pressing pause ๐Ÿ™‚ )
    And “Hi” back to Mike… IF we come to Atlanta for husband’s work (later this year)… I will be dropping in to say it personally.
    …and maybe lessons…?!?!…

deadbuggy
    Participant

Sweet uke!!!!

robinboyd
    Participant

Oh wow, I had noticed that uke on the Uke Republic website. It is absolutely gorgeous. I hope you like it. Do you have any idea what species of Eucalyptus it is made from?

lisadmh
    Participant

Beautiful uke!! You’ve got this. Congrats on your progress!

kanae926
    Participant

What a beautiful ukulele! Canโ€™t wait to see and hear you play it. Congrats on your progress!

miztaken
    Participant

robynboyd – I have sent an email asking what they mean by quilted eucalyptus, and if it IS Australian – but that is all. Didn’t think to ask what type of eucalyptus…

Congrats on your progress….and that lovely new uke. I’m so jealous! I’m a sucker for all that sparkly abalone trim. ๐Ÿ˜

miztaken
    Participant

crazihippichic – I love the bling too!
    I just hope it makes my playing look as good ๐Ÿ™‚

miztaken
    Participant

Hi Andrew!
    Today I started your beginner lesson on adding a backbeat to my playing.
    I have been in tears over it!!!
    I used to play the air-tambourine because that was the only instrument that I was confident with, and it would have my family in hysterics, crying with laughter (I felt they were insensitive and quite rude).
    I could even cause near-accidents if my husband would catch me out of the corner of his eye whilst driving.
    I was that good.
    And now you have me adding a backbeat to my playing… this time I am in hysterics, this is waaaay better than air-tambourine!
    And I am going to share it with you because you should see what you have caused… complete dis-synchrony.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by miztaken. Reason: forgot the video link
    miztaken
    Participant

OMG that can only get better!

miztaken
    Participant

And now I have progressed to the Fingerpicking & Strumming (Angelo Reyes) class… and it sounded so WRONG!!!
    Thank goodness for musician husband… he worked out that my cute looking Aeirsi concert ukulele is really a Chinese made TOY!!! It is sooooo out of tune higher up the neck that A is almost a B, and I cannot get good sound from it. Darn it!
    So, back to my Kala Tenor which is too big for my hands for picking, and Beloved Husband says I cannot have my fancy Ohana Eucalyptus Concert Ukulele until Christmas!
    Time to practice those stretches I guess.

…unless I get to the delivery man first ๐Ÿ˜€ …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.