I’m Yours

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Looks and sounds great to me 🙂 I’d work on increasing tempo. Try 5 or 10 bpm faster and when that’s clean, go up another 5/10.

surferjay
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll get there in the end just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing it completely wrong 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

Hi,

Me again (sorry 🙁 ).. I can’t work out the lick at the end chorus it’s only covered briefly in the video and I can’t make it out from the tab.. is there any chance of a close up of how to play this 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

No problem, here’s an overview 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

Andrew you are an absolute gentleman but I meant the lock with the pull offs at 18:04..

Now I feel bad 😳

Andrew
    Keymaster

My bad!

surferjay
    Participant

Absolute *

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by surferjay.
    wizlon
    Participant

When I log in I can’t find the page that has the most recent lessons showing down the right hand side. How do I navigate to that page please without having to go via my emails from RC 101?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@wizlon – click on any lesson and you’ll see “recent lessons” on the right hand side 🙂

surferjay
    Participant

So on my 3rd month anniversary of playing the Ukulele I’ve finally learnt this song. Honestly, I can say I’ve got a huge amount out of learning this song and learnt so much more than the song itself. The song is a difficult level 2 (I think) so I wanted to write something which might help absolute beginners like myself 🙂 Andrew may chime in and correct me.. I’m not a music teacher or a decent Ukulele player but it’s just my personal experience.

1. Don’t be frightened to take on something which you are not comfortable with. I’m not saying take on the Sweet Child of Mine arrangement within the first week of playing… I was out of my depth with I’m Yours so each month I broke down small sections and just repeated it until everyone in my house now hates this song 🙂

2. Mix it up 🙂 I don’t think I could have learnt this if I only learnt this song.. What I means is during my 3 months I went away and listed 10 songs which I also wanted to learn (covers not finger style) which helped me with bar chords, strumming patterns etc.

3. Complete the basic course on this site 🙂 It really does drill home everything you need to know.

4. The one thing that really helped me was the tab viewer/play along thing 🙂 I cant remember the proper name of it. The videos are great, the tabs are a must BUT really if you are stuck on something you can slow it down, repeat it. I would not have got the timing down without it if I’m being honest.

5. Most importantly thanks to Andrew. I have never seen a site where someone responds personally. I thought a lot of the vidoes were just videos that Andrew had previously uploaded. But then he made one personally within an hour and I was like wow.. what a site.

So thank you to everyone, Andrew and the website for taking my playing to the next level. I just now need to learn more than one song 🙂

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.