James Bond playalong problem

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons James Bond playalong problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lisamcc
    Participant

Hey Andrew,
    I’m working on James Bond… (well, the theme music anyway!) I’m using your version as I’m working through your lesson. With the onscreen tab player though for your version, I can’t select bars to repeat. I can do that with Evan’s version. Is this a setting issue – how do I change it?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

becky7777
    Participant

I’m on an Amazon tablet (probably doesn’t matter) both seem to let me highlight.

Both were not playing or paused when I tried to highlight the parts to loop.

Might be fixed?

lisadmh
    Participant

Mine’s been really buggy lately. It mostly works, with patience, on my tablet but no longer works on my phone. It used to work fine on both and I’ve changed nothing. I use chrome. Android tablet and phone.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m unaware of any issues. How old are the devices? It will struggle if they are old.

lisadmh
    Participant

Both of mine are about a year and a half old and worked fine before. I’ll keep trying.

Andrew
    Keymaster

There shouldn’t be any issues. If they continue, we’ll have to reach out to SS support for help.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Hey nice Lisa!

I also just started practicing this one! Not easy at all!
    Really cool arrangement Thanks Evan and Andrew.
    In one and a half month I will receive a solid body metal string electric ukulele.
    So much looking forward to this moment!
    I would like to be able to play this one by then. It has a low G so I will have to adapt here and there. Also I will omit a few notes here belonging to the harmony Because I am afraid it will sound too full on the el Uke.
    I’d love to hear your version Lisa when done. I will probably cone up in about 3 months, about one month after the el. Uke arrives.

I have a question Andrew, is it possible to play the whole thing with a pick? If so how to you play two notes on top of each other, or just harmonies in general, just strum or do you pluck them with you middle and ring finger? I’d love to learn more about playing with a pick but I can imagine you do not find this topic ukulelistic enough to get deeper into it. This is anyway a great start. :). Is el. Guitar also played with just fingers?

Great drummer b.t.w. Very subtle and groovy.

becky7777
    Participant

Jina- Do you mean hybrid picking?

jinajupiter
    Participant

Lisa, I mean with an actual plectrum, plastic or celluloid, not with your thumb nail. I can imagine that gives a sharper tone and more attack.

jinajupiter
    Participant

How would you pick this Andrew? Do you still play up wards when the note is anticipated?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@jinajupiter – I wouldn’t use a pick. Only for the riff, if you want. Picks feel awkward with uke. I think b/c the instrument is so small. Pick with guitar feels natural.

I’d pick up for upbeats and down for down beats. For further study with picking technique: I’ve never seen anyone teach it and analyze it like these guys. Troy is incredible. But, not sure if they focus on beginner material.

Andrew
    Keymaster

NM – looks like they do cover basics.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Thanks Andrew, anyway looking forward to this electric solid body metal string uke. Cheers 🙂

lisamcc
    Participant

Jinajupiter – your new uke sounds amazing… you are going to have fun with that! I will do a recording when I’ve learnt it – it’s a lot of fun – I’m on the second page now… I’m needing to take it slow as there are lots of tricky timing bits.
    My laptop is just over a year old – and i’ve not had problems with the playalong before – I’m fine with Evan’s version, but not with your version Andrew. It seems to be set up completely differently. Evan’s you can slow down in terms of % – on your version I’m seeing bpm. It’s just tricky because I’m trying to learn your version.
    🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.