Moon River

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Moon River

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kirpuff
    Participant

I used to be a background pianist for hire back in college (Parties, banquets, that sort of thing) and I dont think I did a single gig without someone requesting Moon River. It was one of my favorites in my bag of tricks.

So I finally got the confidence to bust out my uke in front of some friends ahwile back and within 5 minutes, wouldnt you know it, someone requested Moon River. So I smiled, reached deep into my bag of tricks……and didnt have it.

FOR SHAME! I looked here and then scoured the internet looking for a finger style arrangement and couldnt find one so I did the best I could to figure it out on the uke. I think the chords at the end could be crunchier and I’ll continue to tweak (and learn to play it cleanly heh) but this is what I have so far. Any suggestions?

Listen to Moon River by kirpuff on #SoundCloud

Also please let me know if this has already been done. I am,admittedly, not very good at computering so if theres a better arrangement out there just point me in that direction and I’ll go learn it. Thanks!

rickeymike
    Participant

Love it, kirpuff! You arranged that very well. Love the harmonies that you added. I had to turn the volume up to 100%. Don’t know if that’s my computer or the volume that you recorded but I sure would like to hear it again with the volume “pumped up”.

kirpuff
    Participant

Thanks, Rickey! And I think this take is clearer.

Listen to Moon River by kirpuff on #SoundCloud

Its amazing how every background noise that you dont notice during the day sounds like a jet engine when you’re trying to record

nthibode

I really enjoyed that @kirpuff! I love Moon River, though I’ve only learned Cynthia Lin’s chords/singing version. What do you think of her ending? I would love to learn a fingerstyle arrangement for Moon River if you’re able to share!

kirpuff
    Participant

Thanks !I like her version too, she did a great job 🙂 I saw her video when I was searching for a tutorial or some tabs and I liked it but I needed a version that didnt require people finding out what a bad singer I am lol

Once I figure out how to get the tabs written down I can share 🙂 I’ll put it up here once I do

laurasil
    Participant

That was lovely! I’d love to learn this arrangement too
    Great work

holly1

Very nice!

kirpuff
    Participant

Thanks guys 🙂 once I get back home with my computer I’ll get it down and share here

lyndallk
    Participant

Yes very nice indeed

kirpuff
    Participant

here are the tabs if anyone would like them. happy new year!

kirpuff
    Participant

hmm. how do I share then?

nthibode

What kind of file is it? There seems to be an “Attachments” option with these posts, so I would hope that works? Otherwise if you have the tabs saved in Dropbox or Google Drive then you can probably share the file via a web link.

kirpuff
    Participant

its a guitarpro file, it says file is not permitted. i wonder if im doing something wrong. ill try again

kirpuff
    Participant
    rickeymike
    Participant

Kirpuff, save it as a PDF file then attach to your post. You can also use your snipping tool to save it as a picture file. In Guitar Pro – go to File, and click on ‘Export’ you can then save it as a PDF file or a pic file.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by rickeymike.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.