Moon – Taimane

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing Moon – Taimane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ukandoit

Hello, I tried to play Moon by Taimane! The most difficult part was to memorize.
    Every time I record I make mistakes.. I play it perfectly and one minute later when I push the button of the mic it’s like I’m playing at the superbowl halftime.. 🙂
    I will make an other video to show my progress, I really encourage you to learn this tune it’s not as hard as it seems when you see Evan rockin’ it, and it’s a real pleasure to play, even at slow tempo. Tempo, that is one of the big challenge in this arrangement, sometimes I want to go too fast and I can’t remember what was the good tempo..

lisadmh
    Participant

Awesome job. That’s such a beautiful song. It’s on my wish list, but tricky. You did great with it!

I’d never have guessed that you suffer from recording paralysis. I think I have a more serious case of it, lol.

ukandoit

lol I like the name, recording paralysis. Yes just a little, I’m not totally relaxed..

robinboyd
    Participant

Great job! I found the same thing when I learned it a few months ago. It’s one of the songs that I will keep in my repertoire from now on.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great feel, Matthieu! I think your tempo was fine. This song can sway, which gives it that natural feel over being super steady. I’d ritard a lil more in the outro. But everything else was brilliant 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Nice! Thank you for inspiration! I started half way, now I will continue. Well played and very emotional.

ukandoit

Thank you everybody for you nice comments!

ukukelley1
    Participant

That was very fine playing! Your tempo gave it a really nice ‘flow’!Thank you for posting your video. You inspire me to get that song back out and try to take it further than I was able to in the challenge month. Such a great song!

rickeymike
    Participant

Impressive, Ukandoit ……and you just did.

ukandoit

@ukukelley1 : Thank you, I’m sure you’ll make it!
    When I started RC101 I started by “Spanish ukulele – Gary Moore” so a level 4, I was not able to play it correctly but I spent so much time on it that when I came back to level 1-2 I was bored because it was too easy.. Continue to learn Moon, at last if you can’t end it, you’ll improve your skills in a lot of fields.

@rickeymike
    Yes, I should change my nickname for Ikandoit, but don’t want to lose my uke

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.