My new Uke

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear My new Uke

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dirk55
    Participant

Hi guys,
    After a long time of saving money, comparing, listening to sound samples, a little feedback from teacher Andrew, there it is: my new Ukelele, the Kanile’a K3 T. I spent my last dime on a low G string hehe.
    It sounds sooooo nice and warm. And now I’m going to enjoy it, practice a lot to improve my technique. Of course with the
    help from rockclass101.com! Greetings from Dirk😊

cashmpe
    Participant

Nice! I’m looking to make my first upgrade from the laminate starter to something in solid wood. I’ve read great things about that Uke you have. Enjoy!

Andrew
    Keymaster

It looks beautiful! Can’t wait to hear it 🙂

kanae926
    Participant

Wow, so beautiful! Congrats! I bet it’s a dream to play. Looking forward to hearing it!

lisadmh
    Participant

Gorgeous! Congrats on the new little guy. Sounds bite?

drefrank
    Participant

Congrats on that beauty!

dirk55
    Participant

Thank you all.

But … (kidding): Teacher Andrew taught me a percussion trick on the uke in one of his great lessons. I had to slap a drum on the top.

Delighted with my new instrument, I hit a little too hard unfortunately. The result: a crack in the top. Now just busy with gluing. Then I will let the community hear something.

I hope the tear has no influence on this once beautiful sounding Kanile’a. We are going to experience it, haha!

Cheers,
    Dirk

gi_gi_
    Participant

@dirk55 I’m sure Kanilea would fix that for you. Koalohas come with a lifetime warranty so I’m thinking that Kanilea does as well.

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

@dirk55 – I’m curious to know if you managed to fix it?

surferjay
    Participant

That’s such a beautiful Uke! Enjoy.

camper
    Participant

That sure is a nice one.
    Looks like you are into cycling.
    Have you done cycling in Japan. Hopefully this year I’ll make it up to Hokkaido and do a month cycling tour there.

samash07
    Participant

Amazing! The dream…owning a premium kanilea. Bet it sounds wonderful

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.