Out in the North – another Noob Question(s)

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Out in the North – another Noob Question(s)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    macdog

There are a few things I don’t understand in the music. I’m guessing it’s in this site somewhere and I haven’t found it yet. Maybe I will before anyone has to respond.

Thanks, Greg

1.) Bar 3 (F on Beat 2):-Tobias mentions a pull off on F. Any suggestions on how to correctly get arms around this?

2.) Bar 4 (beat 3): there is a tie between G & G#. and on the tab it has an “H” over the tie. don’t understand what’s supposed to be done. (Maybe I haven’t gotten deep enough into the lesson.)

3.) Bar 8 (beat 2.5 to 3): there a line and “sl.” …slide?

4.) Bar 9 (beat 2.5 to 3): same “sl” the “p” over a tie.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Macdog. I’m practicing this too and I’ll try to help.

1) Don’t worry about the pull-off. It is entirely optional.

2) That’s a hammer on, so you play E and G and then hammer on to G# on the E string.

3) That’s a slide

4) That’s a slide to a pull off. That one’s a bit tricky.

I’ll see if I can upload videos of 2, 3, and 4 for you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by robinboyd.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by robinboyd.
    robinboyd
    Participant

I answered your questions but it looks like my post got caught in the spam filters when I tried to add videos. I’ll let Andrew deal with it when he wakes up. Good luck.

macdog

Thanks for the effort. Appreciated. I found the lesson on hammer/pull offs. So practicing that now. Still not clear on all of it. Thanks though

Greg

robinboyd
    Participant

I’m sure Andrew will make it clear soon. Just keep practicing your hammer ons, pull offs, and slides in the mean time. That’s all they are.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Greg, I just approved Robin’s post. He did an excellent job breaking down your questions. Let us know if you need further clarity on anything.

You may also want to jump into the beginner’s course. As it has a lesson on understanding chart symbols and slides.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.