Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@gi_gi_ hahaha oh my gosh, we did hijack thread, but I guess we’ll cap it there. That tangent filled my heart with too much joy. 😅😂💕 That’s going to pop into my head randomly as the day goes by. 😅😂

But Drewmpa Loompas though. C’mon! 😂

dianna
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard and @gi_gi_ you are cracking me up hijacking the thread😂😂😂

@Andrew
    – I see, both pieces, yours and Adrian’s seem to have been inspired by something “achy-breaky”. ..Wow…….and you channeled it into the creative process to share with all of us. How lucky are we. I can see that you both put your heart and soul into the music…..and then the “Band” did the same…….cool to see the ripple effect of your creation……I just have to call out Evan’s solo (though everyone was amazing)…..his was otherworldly….especially in your piece.

One more thing…….I think what makes these pieces so special is that so often ‘achy-breaky’ can take us down, but through music you have both transmuted heartbreak into something though bittersweet it is uplifting (yours) and haunting (his)…….musical alchemists…..

Also, can you post the lyrics to your song….ty

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by dianna.
    marianne
    Participant

Too funny @The_Bumble_Bard and @gi_gi_ 😂
    And thank you both!! ☺️

gi_gi_
    Participant

We were so crazy yesterday 🙂 tee hee

@Andrew
    would love the lyrics to “Just like my dreams too” although they’ve been running through my mind all this time. I woke up with it still in my head 🙂

leb397
    Participant

Decisions, Decisions!
    Hope you “ukesters” have settled down… 🤣🤣🤣 reading your comments yesterday.

I do agree that @marianne baritone performances are so enjoyable to watch. She is an amazing musician. I’ve never played guitar or baritone. Sure is a beauty that Andrew is providing for challenge. Love the Kanile’a tenor too. Time to pick and practice 🎼🎼🎼

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@marianne and @dianna, so glad you were amused by our shenanigans yesterday. 😂 Boy that spiraled quickly and tbh I’m trying not to restart that tornado of mischief. 😂😅

I love Just Like My Dreams, too. They have the lyrics, along with two mp3’s of it (one being the original version which is really cool), in the store on the site. I bought it when Andrew originally posted the song. 😊

@leb397
    , settled down for the moment, but I don’t think that tangent is quite done for good. 😅😂

@gi_gi_
    , oh my, we need to be seated separately from now on in class. I’m not even remotely over that tangent. 😂😅😂😅😂

robinboyd
    Participant

@gi_gi_ – things are good. I started a new job last year, so I haven’t had a lot of time to devote to uke playing, but I’m trying to do what I can.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@robinboyd Good to see you when you can.

willw18
    Participant

here is my attempt at daft funk – playing the rhythm part.. very tricky to get the first part to match up with the backing track but I think I managed…

not sure if I need to mention I’m a premium member as well!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by willw18.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@willw18 – Well done Will! The rhythm sounded tight and locked in during Theme 1. Theme 2 was also very good, but I did hear a few bars where you were playing ahead a little bit. So, I’d focus mostly on that section. Try to count the bars/rhythm in your head as you play since most of the hits are whole notes, meaning there’s a lot of space between strums.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew I have a question about the backing track options for the Moonlit Trio. I would like to play the rhythm section up until the lead starts then I want to play the lead part then go back to playing the rhythm part to finish the song. I don’t see a backing track for that. Any suggestions? Thx.

@willw18
    That sounded really good.

Andrew
    Keymaster

No problem GiGi, I made a custom backing track for you and emailed it to you 🙂

planetfink
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    This is my “Grandma” version of Punk-182 😄. I’m working on Daft Funk. Getting the timing has been a challenge. But very fun to work on.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@planetfink – That rocked Kathy! 🤘

planetfink
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. It was a lot of fun and I got to use the Overdrive button on my amp for the first (and maybe last) time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.