Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    deadbuggy
    Participant

And now to bring the room down a bit… (Kathy, that was Incredible!!!), my take on Bella Vita. These original pieces are so fantastic, Andrew. This PREMIUM member appreciates everything you and your team do 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@deadbuggy – Wow, Sara! You played it so beautifully and elegantly. I loved it! And TY so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it 🙂

planetfink
    Participant

@deadbuggy Thanks Sara. Your performance was beautiful. I agree with you. The pieces this month are great. I want to learn all of them.

camper
    Participant

Wow! Speechless about these beautiful ukuleles. Sadly, I have never participated in any of these challenges. But if possible…

camper
    Participant

Very nice playing with such emotion too! not sure but this was for deadbuggy

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by camper.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I tried Punk-182. It was fun to work with.

Linda
    I am a premium member

marianne
    Participant

Thank you for your kind words @leb397! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – That rocked Linda! Well done 👏

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow! Thanks, Andrew! I really enjoy playing that ukulele — and loved the arrangement.

Linda

leb397
    Participant

Greetings! Spring is in the air and happy for it…
    Decided to tackle the 4/4 Waltz. Wanted to learn it before so the challenge was a perfect opportunity.
    This was my best take with a short month for me. Have to travel tomorrow for the remainder of April.

@deadbuggy
    loved it!!! and @lhamilton – def rocked it. Can’t wait to see more of what the ROCKING group posts.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by leb397.
    leb397
    Participant

Almost forgot
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER 😁🎼

anikali
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hi, I’m submitting my recording of The 4/4 Waltz a little early since I won’t have much time to improve it by the deadline. Still struggling with barre chords and I definitely need to work on this tune more, so for now its the Waltz with Wartz.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 – Beautifully played, Louisa! Your performance was wonderful. As you continue to practice, I suggest focusing on smoothing out the transitions where you hesitated slightly. Try looping those sections slowly, that’ll help get the muscle memory down. Keep up the great work!

@anikali
    – You did a lovely job Joan! I think you have a great base established, so as you continue to practice, I’d recommend playing at a slower tempo and working on one four-bar section at a time. This will allow you to focus on note clarity, sustain, and the barre chords. Pay close attention to your transitions between chords and how you lift up from them, as there’s occasionally some string noise. This usually happens if we lift directly up, but can also be minimized by muting with the palm of the right hand.

leb397
    Participant

@andrew thank you. I’ll keep working on this piece. You are so right. Those barre cords and pinky stretches are a challenge to transition smoothly. The very tip of my middle finger got sore with the tight angles. Such a pretty melody. Anxious to hear others submit this song. @anikali your entry sounds pretty. Love tone of your Ukulele. What maker is it?

anikali
    Participant

@leb397 Thank you for your kind words. I actually played the song on my low G tenor because the sound of this particular song with the low G kind of reminded me of an old music box. The maker of the uke is Pono and I love its guitar-like tone. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.