Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge – WIN $2,100 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    evapaju

Hello @Andrew!
    “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?” is my must be choice on this month challenge, but in the key of A a little bit low to sing. Could I use capo or transpose to higher key or it is against challenge rules?
    Thank You!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@evapaju – Totally fine!

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my “Sevivon Sov Sov Sov”

Have a happy holidays!

P.S. I made a donation of $30 to UKC 🙂

yukalele
    Participant

Hi Andrew – Great choices this month!

Are you aware of any problems with SoundSlice? Tried it in 3 different browsers and they all wont allow me to select a part to play (you know, the red lines). Wondered if it’s just me or others have this problem (or better, know of a solution!)

Andrew
    Keymaster

@katazumiri – Excellent playing and thank you so kindly for your donation 🙂

@yukalele
    – I’m not aware of any issues. Can you try it on a different device? If it works there, it will help pinpoint the issue is with one device. Give that a shot and send me an email to let me know the results. Happy to help further 🙂

evapaju

Hello!
    Today we had a chance to see Ashleys playing, singing and tutorial close by and her smooth singing and relaxed way of strumming is really amazing!
    It raised some questions thou :). First one- how to achieve this kind of delayed way of chucking (with right hand to cut the chord ringing) which Ashley uses on downstrokes. I tend to cut the ringing too short and if I try to make it little longer it starts to sound really uneven. I would really like to learn this technique.
    Another thing- I had to transpose the song to higher key (key of C), to be able sing along. On the end of the bridge and verse 3 in original key is transition from E7 to E7#5 and back. I used G7(0212) to G7sus4 (0213) and back but it does not sound quite right. Any suggestions on that chord choice?
    I would really appriciate some help! Thank you!

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? Me, not much.

@Andrew
    – I made a $25 donation to The Ukulele Kids Club. Happy Holidays, everyone!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@evapaju – So she’s almost giving it a staccato-like effect with the palm muting of the right hand. After she strums down, she lightly touches the strings with the palm of the right hand before coming up to strum again. The trick is the timing. The chord needs to ring out for an 8th note before muting. Try playing along with a metronome set to an 8th note subdivision.

Play quarter note down strums, but let them ring for the first half and mute for the second half.

For question #2, you’ll want to play a G7 to G7(#5). I’d recommend using a capo on the 3rd fret. Then you can play the same chord shapes that were taught in the lesson.

@nthibode
    – Beautiful performance with a perfect backdrop 🙂 And I love the ending you added!

Thank you so much for your generous donation, Nathalie!

evapaju

Than you, @Andrew for fast answer, I will try your recommendations today and probably tomorrow and after that too :)! I just love to learn something new!
    Transposing tool did not transposed E7#5 and I totally forgot to use google, silly me. G7#5 works great! I tried capo but it has some negatives for me, I guess I decide in the end which version works better.

@nthibode
    – fabulous performance, really enjoyed the scenery too!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by evapaju.
    nthibode

Thanks!! It’s been snowing here all day (in Canada). Cheers!

rebeca
    Participant

@nthibode – Just wow! I absolutely love your performance! And What a beautiful voice!. Everything smooth and relaxing. I enjoyed it a lot. 🙂

nthibode

Thanks for the kind words, @rebeca ! I’m glad you enjoyed it 😊

rickeymike
    Participant

As alway, Nat, I enjoyed your performance. Did you wait for a snowfall before you recorded? ha

nthibode

@rickeymike I got lucky! And of course once it started snowing I had to record by the window, rather than my usual spot. I missed the really fat snowflakes by about 20 minutes though!

ccwuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s Rudolph…..Merry Christmas everyone!

I am also working on Last Christmas, but really struggling with the harmonics section and bars 37-40. Tendonitis is limiting the amount of advanced practice I can get in. Excuses, excuses 🙂

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.