Participate in the February 2024 Member Challenge – Choose ANY Ukulele Song!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the February 2024 Member Challenge – Choose ANY Ukulele Song!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    deadbuggy
    Participant

Thank you, Andrew! Totally fun song to learn and play!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@turkgoose – Excellent playing Turk! Great groove on the rhythm and lead 👏

willw18
    Participant

Thanks so much for your feedback Andrew, I’ve recorded a second version and tried to incorporate a gentler picking pattern and a more even rhythm, although I found playing to the metronome pretty challenging actually!

Listen to Etude 13- take 2 by Will on #SoundCloud

leb397
    Participant

So many great entries so far and the variety is fun to see. I just listened to @turkgoose and it was so good I started to drift off and then realized that You are the accompaniment! Such clean notes. 👏👏👏 kudos to all.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@willw18 – Much better! Well done 👏

turkgoose
    Participant

Thank you @andrew and @leb397!

leb397
    Participant

I chose YESTERDAY by the Beatles. tried learning this couple years ago and was way above my ability. I still have a lot to improve but on vacation and time is limited. I unfortunately only brought my high G. I know it would sound better with the low G. This gave my fingers a workout with some crazy shape cords.
    Fun challenge to be able to pick our own lesson. Thanks @Andrew

1481632_m
    Participant

Hello,

Here is the song I picked for February’s Challenge. It is “Our First Song”, and I’m excited to now continue learning fingerpicking on the ukulele.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by 1481632_m.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Andrew.
    The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

So many amazing entries so far!! All so great. @marianne, your duet (you-et?) was so, so beautiful. Perfectly played and so lovely to listen to! @muzikmama, your entry cracked me up so much, oh my, so perfect. 😂😅 I love that you’re integrating art and silliness into your entries. You used some kind of voice modifier? Very funny and well done! 😅 @leb397, so beautifully played, my friend, that’s probably my favorite Beatles song! Very lovely-ily played. I hope you enjoy your vacation. It’s snowing here today…… 🥺😂😭🤷

I’m still working on Andrew’s Classical Etude, but haven’t had as much time to practice this month due to moving insanity. I haven’t given up yet though! It may not be perfect, but that’s okay. 😅

leb397
    Participant

@the_bumble_bard thank you. I wasn’t happy with recording but I love the song and will play it often.
    Isn’t moving stressful. We did a big one 3 years ago during covid and very hot summer. Didn’t play uke for almost a year then started entering challenges.
    Good luck. Hope you can get in an entry.
    And yes, @marianne was amazing and just smiled through @muzikmama fun rendition. I think it should count as an entry!
    Ps, it’s been on cooler side in FL but better than snow 🤔😳😁

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@leb397, I feel like that’s often how these challenges can go: You learn a song in a month, learn all the notes, but might not be able to play it really, really well for a while. That’s how I feel about the one I’m working on now; it will take a while before I can play it the way I want, but also agree with you; I’ll keep playing it because it’s so lovely. To me, it’s a perfect song. Oh my, I can only imagine moving during COVID, yeesh. 😅😳 Physically moving all my things wasn’t too hard compared to other moves, but kind of emotionally, existentially this was a harder move, without going into too much detail. But it’s good. Ha thank you, I think I should still be able to, if I quit yammering on and get to it!! 😉😅 Ha I hope you get to enjoy the sun at least, even though it’s cooler! 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

@leb397 – That was awesome Louisa! Such a beautiful performance to match mother nature’s beauty 🙂

@1481632_m
    – Excellent performance! You’ve got a great tone with both fingerpicking and strumming. I have two suggestions. First is to work on bringing the tempo of the strumming section up to match the speed of the fingerpicking section. Second, for the end of the song, your ritardando is very drawn out. Try to make it more gradual, kinda like when the light turns yellow and you gradually slow down to a stop on red.

musiclover
    Participant

I am a premium member ..

I really want to get those slaps down…just so timid when being ‘watched’😝

Thanks, Mary

2 chord jam no.2

userwithauke
    Participant

Thanks to my YouTube algorithm, I discovered this platform. Glad to be participating in this challenge. I chose “Our First Song” written by Andrew Hardel for this month. Thank you a lot.
    https://on.soundcloud.com/bPA66

anyon1
    Participant

I worked on People Are Strange this month. I love the look of this electric ukulele but haven’t really played it much until now since it seems to take a different touch and is less forgiving than the acoustic ukuleles I have. It also took some time to figure out what kind of tone I wanted to get out of it. I chose to use it for this song since it looks so much like the Gibson SG Special Robbie Krieger of The Doors uses, and I finally wanted to dig in learn to play a song on it. I think RC 101 needs more electric ukulele lessons!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.