Participate in the May 2018 Member Challenge – Children Song's Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2018 Member Challenge – Children Song's Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Gaby
    Participant

I´ve worked harder on this than i care to admit 😛 I couldn´t get a recording as good as I wanted to, but after so many attempts that I´ve lost count, I just stick with this as the best one I´ve got. I know the tempo isn´t that great and it changes, i do not hit every note and so on, but I really enjoyed to learn and practise this song… to the point that I got to annoyed to try anymore today 😛 so this is what you get 😀

Oh, I want to add, that I don´t want to participate in the giveaway this month, since I don´t have a Ukulele to use straps on. And I don´t think I would be a very good “strap player”, since I´m always sitting down playing. So I don´t want to take the chance of winning away from anyone else who actually would use one of these (very nice looking) straps 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Gaby.
    kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I mostly use my thumb for picking, use my single index finger for accent picking. I tried to use a pick, but it seems cumbersome and loud. I don’t have a Jazz 3 pick. I might try one. I’m not sure if that’s good technique, but it felt most comfortable!
    Thanks again,
    Kelly Blackburn

ultramom
    Participant

Here is my entry for this month’s challenge. I wish I could have more time to practise. Ha ha….

surfpimp9er

Down by the bay. What a fun song!

wongbrown

I cannot tell you how many attempts I have recorded my entry. It still sounded pretty aweful. Anyway I am brave enough to submit it😛 Here it is, Andrew. Appreciate your feedback. Cheers, Sheila

marni11
    Participant

Here is my entry. I needed a lot more practice! Sorry the camera wanted to focus behind me!

cyberloh
    Participant

Busy schedule, not having enough time to practice.

smartinuk

I have to say it took a good handful of takes to get a decent one. I also put so much effort into trying to get Brahm’s Lullaby down that Twinkle Twinkle little star got sloppy! But here it is 😊

Oh, and sorry i cut off the last little bit!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by smartinuk.
    zukulele

I was unable to participate in the last two contests so I’m really glad that I had enough time to record my entry this week.

ukuleleloo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Here’s my entry for this month’s challenge. I’m playing Down by the Bay.

Andrew, I’m still working on the grooving into the beat for last month’s challenge, Etude #11.

ukukelley1
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the May challenge…

Sheryl

ukukelley1
    Participant

Oops – I see the time stamp says I missed the deadline, but it’s 11:28 pm here in Houston… 🙂

mayaqatsi
    Participant

Love the theme this month!

mayaqatsi
    Participant

(I know I’m late….but thought I’d submit anyway just for feeback and to just be more regular at following through with the challenges! 😛 )

vidafntn
    Participant

Hi, Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback on my performance. How can string noise be minimised? The strings on my uke are about 6 months old.

Regards,

Vida

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.