Reading Music? Question and Sheet music request :)

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Reading Music? Question and Sheet music request :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amylilley

Hey all,
    Do you read music? If yes, does this help with your uke playing? I’ve just started learning but all uke music seems to either be TAB or come with TAB…

My request for the site is a sheet music only option to download for those of us who want to learn to read music. What do you think? 🙂

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi Amy,

I read sheetmusic and like to see it with the tab since it lets me know a bit more clearly the weight of the notes — whether it’s a quarter note or half note or part of a triplet etc. It can also be helpful if I want to try out something on a different instrument. There are some tab programs that display the note values as part of the tab and if that is there I’m happy to do without the traditional sheetmusic part.

However I definitely always want the tab since that tells me what string is meant to be played for that note since a single musical note can often be played on several strings. That information is an essential part of an ukulele arrangement.

So, if the tab displays note value, we can live without the sheetmusic part, but the sheetmusic without the tab isn’t too useful.

Linda

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Amy, you can hide the tab in Soundslice by following the steps shown in this video.

Hope that helps and def check out our reading course if you haven’t yet 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.