Scales

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nikkob
    Participant

Hello all,
    As an aspiring blues player I would like to add a scale shape to my practice routine. Can someone please advise me where to start please.
    I enjoy playing the blues shuffle in A in the beginners lessons and I would love to be able to add fills where a singer would usually.
    Also is there a particular key that it would be easier to practice this in rather than A?
    Any advice welcome….
    Ps. I have noticed improvements in my playing already, could not manage the d major at first, but by using my index as the central finger in the group of three it’s much easier. Things are coming along nicely…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I always advise to begin with the major scale, as it’s the parent scale from which all is derived. Check out module 3 in this course: An Introduction to Music Theory & Jamming. You’ll be able to learn 5 positions of the major scale that span the entire neck. The course teaches you how to alter the scale to create other scales, specifically the minor pentatonic; which is a commonly used scale for blues soloing. We’ll be looking at the key of C, easier than A as it contains no accidentals.

The course also examines how I wrote the blues solos for Concept Lesson EP005. Another great lesson that you should check out is Uke Blues. Lots of licks you can steal in this one.

nikkob
    Participant

Hello Andrew
    I have paid a years subscription but my membership still shows basic not premium.

I still cannot access the second video for Uke Blues for example. Can you fix this for me please. I am happy to Emma you my PayPal receipt if it helps.
    Thank you Nick

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Nick, can you log out and re-log in again and then try to access the full lesson. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

nikkob
    Participant

Hello Andrew,
    Sorry for late reply but issue solved now.

Thank you,
    Nick

Andrew
    Keymaster

No worries, glad it’s resolved 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.