Tribute and my respect to my music Idol.

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Tribute and my respect to my music Idol.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

My friend just got off the phone with me. He was relaying that Ken Nordine passed away at the Age of 98.

Ken Nordine’s work is true magic and it influenced me in so many, many ways. He honestly was the very LAST living person on this earth I wouldn’t be able to treat like any other human being you’d run into on the street. I viewed him as a larger than life god of music and creativity. I realize very few people probably heard of, or remember him outside the Chicago area but for those who did, it’s a sad day.

Ironically I spent all day, until I got the phone call an hour ago, alone reflecting and writing about how music effected my life.

I know people cringe when I write posts, but considering the subject was originally going to be a response to a PM I started to answer, the extreme LENGTH it ended up being, and the fact that Ken Nordine left his legacy to us today, and through ironic events that led me to write it… I’m taking it as a sign. No one needs to read it, but I NEED to post it.

All I can really say is I’m kind of honored to have been writing and reflecting on music and life, the day my last living musical god slipped away from the world of the living unknowingly while I wrote.

becky7777
    Participant

wabbit
    Participant

Great video!

becky7777
    Participant

He had recently been excited about manipulating video. 🙂 I forgot where I had read it, probably his website, maybe his YouTube channel… but he wished he had the ability to do the stuff with the videos a lot earlier in his career. The song is from the late 70’s but the video is recent. I don’t know if Word Jazz is/was on the radio much anywhere outside the Chicago area.

Scratch seemed fitting to share. Glad you enjoyed it. 😁

sundae
    Participant

We used to have “Ken Nordine night” when I lived in Chicago. We’d turn the lights down low and turn up the radio, close our eyes, lay back on the couches, and drift away to Word Jazz. I remember some nights that revolved around a color or a thought. It was magical! I really have missed Ken Nordine and am happy to know others feel the same.

cinichol
    Participant

I’m not familiar with him, but will certainly look him up. And there’s nothing cringeworthy about your post! A thoughtful longer comment is fabulous.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.