Vote On Our Next Arrangement! (Vote Off #6)

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons Vote On Our Next Arrangement! (Vote Off #6)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    malcaraz
    Participant

River Flows in You by Yiruma – definitely! So beautiful…

golf39

Mad World please.

Catherine
    Participant

River Flows in You

ribbit
    Participant

River

debb1985

River Flows in You – just beautiful!

lynnwatson
    Participant

Mad World please.

lyndallk
    Participant

River for sure

gmflin8
    Participant

Mad world

But really I just wanted something that is easy enough for me to play 🙂

Would you consider doing different levels of an arrangement of the same song? That might be an interesting experiment to try at rockclass101?

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea, Grace! It’s actually something I’ve though about before. What stops me (or us) is that it takes a great deal of time to produce one version. To write a secondary arrangement at an equally high level would require a comparable amount of time.

lisamcc
    Participant

Chasing cars please!!

richo_uke
    Participant

My vote goes to: Chasing cars

But I think it will be ‘River flows in you’ because it has so many votes already. Andrew, please have a beginner friendly version of whatever song will win.

cncamacho
    Participant

Mad World

psummer
    Participant

Mad world please

cashmpe
    Participant

I’m going to go with Chasing Cars. The opening verse just reminds me of my daughter who just moved to Columbus Ohio with her husband and wants to make it on her own. But all the options are great and I’d be happy to try any of them. Thanks for the effort and energy you guys put into your site!

gmflin8
    Participant

Hi, @Andrew

I see what you mean. If you were to create 3 different levels of an arrangement for the same song, it is like creating 3 arrangements, therefore 3 times the time to creating just one.

I thought when people vote for a song, it would be sad if the arrangement is too challenging or too easy for some members, right? 

So I am brainstorming here. Maybe when we vote for the song, then that song will be the only song for a month, with 3 or 4 different arrangements?

Or, maybe each instructor will create a different version, agreeing beforehand who is going to create an arrangement at which level?

Or, each instructor will create a different arrangement at a different level with some pre agreement so that some of the arrangements could be played together as a duet or a trio

Or … I should get on this month’s challenge …. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.