wall mount hardware

Home Page Forums Discuss Your Gear wall mount hardware

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

Recommendations for wall mount of ukulele. If not in it’s case and usually not, it is setting on the kitchen counter or a bar stool or a table or a chair.

What is the best wall mount for safely storing/displaying the ukulele?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’ve always bought Hercules. The clips close upwards when the instrument is placed on it. Which helps add more piece of mind.

kanae926
    Participant

Depends on if you want a wall mount or stand, but here’s a couple of options:

Wall mount or set of two.

Foldable A stand

Any String Swing wall mount is said to be much more reliable and durable than other generic brands (but I can’t speak from experience). I have a couple of cheap foldable stands. They do the job.

rickeymike
    Participant

Thanks, Kanae & Andrew. I do want the wall mount. Andrew, I see only Hercules wall mounts for guitars. will they fit a ukulele? And what about a Fender with all the tuning thingees on one side?

kanae926
    Participant

Ricky, that link Andrew provided takes you to an ukulele specific model. It is probably spaced perfectly for ukulele necks (at the nut) as opposed to a wider guitar neck.

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Rickey. Are you a bit of a handyman? If so, try making one yourself. Tiffany made mine with my dad using a spare floorboard and some dowel.

Here are the instructions.

1) Measure your uke necks to see how wide you need the rack to be. Somewhere between the minimum width of the neck and the maximum width of the headstock should be right.
    2) Drill holes in the board that distance apart. Slot some dowel in the holes.
    3) Put some padding over the dowels (we used pipe insulation).
    4) Attach some sort of cap on the end of the dowel to stop the uke from sliding out.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by robinboyd.
    rickeymike
    Participant

That looks so neat, Robin. I’m afraid my talent is lacking for the job. ha.

Kanae & Andrew – gosh didn’t know that all those highlighted words meant that it was a link. haha. Now I have so many choices, even the do it yourself method!

miztaken
    Participant

Hi @rickeymike
    A nifty alternative is the “Pub Prop” which you can clamp horizontally to a chair OR vertically to a table. It is perfect if you play in different areas of your home, or you can take with you to a strumalong or lesson or wherever.
    The company is from the Uk, but Mim’s Ukes stocks them.

kanae926
    Participant

Well, that Pub Prop looks handy! I’ve never seen one of those before. Cool!

jinajupiter
    Participant

@ Robin, Tiffany is brilliant!

smokealot
    Participant

I just made one myself too. Very easy and very cheap 🙂

cncamacho
    Participant

I have Top Stage guitar hanger from Amazon but it easily holds my Luna soprano pineapple and Kala PWC concert. Very inexpensive.

robinboyd
    Participant

I love it @smokealot

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.