What are y'all working on?

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons What are y'all working on?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

Is anyone else just going through the motions at this point waiting for next month’s challenge announcement???

kanae926
    Participant

🙋🏻‍♀️😂

I’ve always been a recreational learner and will never be a serious musician. I play for fun and will continue to for the enjoyment, but as soon as it starts being too serious, I end up quitting.

I tried getting into the courses, but quickly lost steam. My attention span is too short.

robinboyd
    Participant

@lisadmh – Not at all. I’m loving learning Jenny of Oldstones on the guitalele, Tiffany is still working on When I’m 64, and we are still working on the harmonies for because (although that is taking a whole lot longer than I expected).

@kanae926
    – I’m the same. I need to take those courses very very slowly or I get overwhelmed. I’m better off learning the songs that I want to learn and referring back to the courses from time to time. That’s why I quickly stopped doing 1 on 1 lessons. It just made me feel bad about myself.

planetfink
    Participant

Here is the version of Here Comes the Sun I have been working on. I’m posting it here because it is too different from Andrew’s arrangement to submit to the challenge. I shortened it for this recording, but the original arrangement (by Fred Sokolow) fits the Beatles version exactly. I have been having fun playing along with the recording.

robinboyd
    Participant

@planetfink – Nice one. Cute dog too.

planetfink
    Participant

At least this time he was well fed so he was quiet.

lisadmh
    Participant

Nice! Interesting differences to the version here. I like both.

marni11

Lisa,
    Yes, I’m wanting to make a video here soon, and I’ll post it on this forum! So y’all can hear it! (even though, Johnny B. Goode won’t HARDLY compare to Andrews!) lol

planetfink
    Participant

I don’t know if this happens to anyone else, but when it gets to the end of the month and I hear all the the songs I didn’t work on, I now want to play them. At the end of last month I started working on Stand By Me. Today I just started working on If I Fell.

lisadmh
    Participant

Yup, it happens to me too planet! I already learned Here Comes the Sun. Why didn’t I brush it off and clean it up this month?

Marni, can’t wait for your recording!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.