What to do during Covid 19 (Sound of Silence – KHPB)

Home Page Forums Showcase Your Playing What to do during Covid 19 (Sound of Silence – KHPB)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    macdog

This is a little off topic. But the band that I’ve been a part of for almost 40 years isn’t able to practice together or perform/compete right now. Hence I joined RockClass101 to do something brand new. KHPB is a big group and since we can’t get together we were trying to find ways to do keep people interested and their chops fresh. Its a non-profit group and has a wide range of skill levels but we wanted to get most everybody involved (34 in total). This is the 2nd one we’ve done but till the shutdown have never tried anything like this before.

We reached back a few decades and found something outside of our regular wheel house. Everybody was to video themselves playing their parts and then we sewed it all together. One of our guys arranged the melody and I wrote the drum score. Our main instrument is monophonic, meaning we can only play one note at a time. So to play a chord, like a triad you need 3 guys. This is arranged with 5 voices in it which is unusual for us. Fun though. We released this yesterday. (btw by tradition we don’t play at A440…its more like 478….depending on the weather).

Hope you have fun with it. We have. Thanks, Greg

becky7777
    Participant

Nice guys! Thank you for sharing it Greg

lisadmh
    Participant

That is very cool and unique. What a fun collaboration. Thank you for sharing. I quite enjoyed it!

kanae926
    Participant

Everything about this so cool – audibly and visually. The video editor did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing! Loved it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.