When I'm 64

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    richo_uke
    Participant

Hi Andrew, hi Matt, hi guys,

I just started to try learning “When I’m 64” and do have problems with counting (but what I think is important for me).

So, I think there is a mistake in measure 3. The counting to my opinion is different then
    1&2&3 (what is written in red). Could somebody please help me.

Andrew, I would like you to think about two things
    1) Every teacher should count out the rhythm at least once loud instead of just showing it on the screen – this will help get a better feeling for the measure.
    2) Please change the font color of the played notes from red to any more appropriate color.

Thank you
    Rici

Andrew
    Keymaster

Measure 3 is incorrect in the video rhythm hits. Sorry about that. We should have double checked it. The last hit is on the & of 3 and is a dotted quarter note.

1) Yes, this is how I do it. But each teacher has a unique way of teaching and Matt’s is more related to playing rhythms by ear.

2) Hits are on red, non-hits white. To be honest, I’m not sure if a color change would make a difference. Although, I have in the past only shown the hits. So for that bar, it would have been:

1&2&3&

Which is easier to see and count, but it omits &4&, which may confuse folks that are newer to counting rhythms.

robinboyd
    Participant

It took me forever to work out what you were talking about. I was looking for red and white bits on the tab and the onscreen tab viewer. Eventually I found the rhythm hits in the video, which I have to admit, is something that I’d ignored up to this point.

jinajupiter
    Participant

Hello Andrew and Matt! Nice songs for this challenge! Looking forward to start practicing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.