WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    adye1960
    Participant

I have created a routine with my practice that seems to work. My routine involves some warm up exercises plus a couple of tunes that i chose for the stretches that they require. I need to add some daily exercises that help me to become familiar with the notes up and down the fingerboard. Could you offer some suggestions that will help me to become better acquainted with notes and scales through my daily practice?

andracass
    Participant

Hi Andrew and Mike!
    When I go on vacation in summer the temperature of my house can reach even 38° C (100° F) with high enough humidity. Can my two ukuleles suffer if they stay at home? My soprano is made of solid mahogany, my concert is made of solid acacia. What should I do to make them feel good?
    Thank you!

kimmartin

As a new ukulele player and a lefty, I bought a right-handed model and flipped the strings. Are there any other adjustments that I should consider?

sudave
    Participant

How comes that ukuleles you buy (online) are mostly not in a good tune? I tried out a lot, but each one of them would have needed some modifications to maintain a good tune over the frets.

jacekj
    Participant

What chord Jake plays requires the biggest spread (number of frets) of his fingers, including the frets the fingers are on?

karjar

If I buy a baritone Uke is a G chord played the same as in a concert? Or would I have to learn all new chord fingering

mauimassachusetts
    Participant

Is it possible to have a larger-scale ukulele with the same tuning as a soprano ukulele? My hands are too big for soprano uke, but I’d still like to be able to get that sound.

dryossi
    Participant

does a guitar capo work for ukulele?

cheick

Hi Drew my question is about practice. How you practice ukulele and what kind of routine works very well for you ? Do you practice some tips all the times or only when your create a lesson ? And how can I conserve the learned techniques ? Hope that my question’s clear, English is not my best but I work hard to come to Uke Républic one day.

frankgeter

Is their a particular string
    Gauge/type/ that would allow both a low G and high G tuning without changing strings for a tenor uku?

eminer
    Participant

Hi , I don’t use a neck strap. When I play my ukulele tends to slide around and I lose my grip on it, or my arm presses too tightly to hold it close to my body that my arm starts to cramp. What’s the best way to hold a ukulele while playing?

peej129
    Participant

As a new Ukulele player I’ve read that Koa wood is among the best woods for the ukulele. However it’s expensive. Do you find it worth the investment to purchase a Koa wood uke? P.s. I love warm, rich tones.

paulieg123

what website or software do you use to compose your music in? Also when composing do you make it in the software first or do you come up with it on the ukulele and transfer it to sheet music?

simonc8

Hi Andrew, Simon here from Canada. My question is which type of wood is most commonly used for making ukulele’s and why? Also, how much time and money does it take to make one ukulele?

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Andrew! I really appreciate the great work you do! Awesome prize for this lighting round too!!!

My question is: Some Uke-Masters (like Jake and Taimane, among others) have AMAZING right hand technique that I find mesmerizing. They can play so fast, smooth and percussive. I’m an upper-intermediate level player in regards to chords, scales and finger-picking but I feel very weak regarding speed and rhythm. I am having a hard time finding resources on youtube. What do you recommend I practice to improve my right hand speed and rhythm??

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.