WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    iris_peterson
    Participant

I’m intrigued by the idea of playing an electronic Uke or one with a pickup but I have never played an electronically amplified instrument and have none of the equipment. I don’t really know what I need and don’t want to invest $$$$$ and then find out it’s not for me. What equipment do I need? Do I need an amp or is there a way to plug in directly to a computer to play and record? Thanks!

kevin_777
    Participant

Is ukulele easier for a guitar player to learn. What are the benefits? Is there any major difficulty for guitar players on ukulele?

rjday1
    Participant

Are there different types of strings for ukuleles?

Gaby
    Participant

I guess this topic is as good as any for a first entry 😉

I thought about getting a baritone Ukulele, because i thought it could be really fun add a really big one to the family. The problem is, I really would like to keep the standard g-c-e-a tuning. So my question is, is it possible to tune a baritone ukulele like that? By using Tenor strings maybe?

yashvi22
    Participant

Andrew .. Many times when I learn any thing to play and if it is hard for me I give up and now
    I’m losing interest in playing uke
    What should I do to keep playing the uke

stefanomaddalena
    Participant

What is the best way to learn Ukulele being a guitarist?

mweir1
    Participant

What is the best way to find new and interesting songs to play on the ukulele? Currently I have a hard time finding sings that are at my level and have good tabs. Thank you!

usatimbo

First, thank you for this website and keeping it updated and offering a myriad of choices and “paths” that each student can utilize to increase their skills. I have taken my uke playing up a notch just in the weeks I’ve been a member due to your clear and encouraging instructions.

Question: What is the best Ukulele strings to use on a mid-priced (solid top) Ukulele tuned in a standard GCEA tuning? By best, I mean not only quality, but a nice clear crisp resonate sound, and also the manufacturers specs, materials used (fluorocarbon, titanium,nylon, or metal wound).

mayaqatsi
    Participant

One of the many things I struggle with is consistency — I never seem to be able to play an entire piece cleanly, even if I have been practicing the piece for awhile. I do notice that it really helps playing with the Tab Play Along at a much slower speed until I can play most of the notes in time and more or less (usually less) acceptable tone quality. I guess this is partly just part of being in the earlier learning stages and maybe just not practicing enough?? Do you have any hints for helping me improve rigor, or what is your practice routine? Thanks!

jakezaaq
    Participant

What are the top 5 most popular tunings for a soprano uke?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! We had 175 questions come in! This is going to be an awesome lightning round, thanks to everyone who asked a question! Look for the video and the winner to be announced (in the video) at some point in May 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.