WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    kgehrmann

Hey! First of all rockclass101.com is beyond amazing for a billion reasons that I won’t go into here. But here’s my question. Do you think it’s worth the time to memorize the fretboard or will that knowledge just come with long term playing? Thx!!

darrellw
    Participant

Does a bone nut and saddle make much difference to how a Ukulele sounds compared to synthetic materials?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by darrellw.
    yamdoitsh123
    Participant

Hi,great videos,how do i reckognize notes by ear?

laurakarr12
    Participant

I am a beginner and have been practicing everyday. I mean everyday for several hours. My fingertip are so sore. My calluses have bruises under them. I am pushing through it because I love playing this little soprano. She has brought me so much joy and music back into our home! I am using Aquilla strings. Any advice on helping my sore fingertips?

jeckyll
    Participant

I have a question about strings. Is there an advantage to using a low G string when learning to play? Or is that just a guitar players influence on playing the uke?

Hi Andrew,

Often when I got a song down and did some practice my playing dosent sound as crisp and ‘rythmic correct’ as in your performance video. Any advise on how to quickly perfect the bars your struggling with.

Thank You 🙂

taylor_rupp
    Participant

I’m a novice-intermediate ukulele player that has been casually strumming for 6+ years. I have never advanced into different picking styles as I just couldn’t get my brain and hands to work together. Can you suggest a couple songs that work great with picking (not strumming) patterns that a beginner could look into learning? Or, could you offer some insight onto how to learn picking notes and chords over strumming them? Thanks!

nejcko
    Participant

When I play somewhere over the rainbow I usualy just use dduudu patern, but its different to the one used in the actual song. Whats the actual strumming patern?

rajpga
    Participant

Hi Andrew, What strings could I use on my Baritone to tune it to standard GCEA tuning?? Thanks

foli382
    Participant

Hi! A common problem with Ukes are the bad intonation. How to solve this problem? Is just adjusting the saddle enough? Thanks!

olphart

I seem to be stuck on a plateau, and the more I work at it, the worse it seems to get. Practicing is at the point that it isn’t much fun any more… no real progress. Even Chopsticks is a real challenge
    Should I:
    1. take a break from it for a week or two and come back to it fresh?
    or 2. Go back to square 1 and work through basic beginner songs?

charlene
    Participant

There have been a lot of posts on Facebook ukulele sites about a new carbon fibre ukulele made by Klos. Can Mike please tell me, other than the price, what are the differences between this uke and the Blackbird. Thank you.

carmen-s
    Participant

Andrew my question is: What is your go to “routine” for practice the ukulele? or some tips to get the most out of a practice session

cait23
    Participant

How often should I clean my ukulele? I’ve had it for four years and only cleaned it once with someone wood cleaner for their violin. Thank you!!!

rachacha
    Participant

Are there benefits to studying guitar at the same time as learning to play the ukulele?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.