WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    dpav8r
    Participant

Hey Andrew, follow up , did you know Uke republic was a 11 hour drive for me? And I came home with a new Uke. Ended up with Pono ATDC.

mattymuse
    Participant

Hi =). I get really nervous when playing in front of others. My fingers start to shake and my technique goes to hell! Are there any exercises or things that I can practice to help with this issue? Thank you

prhill
    Participant

What are some some good techniques to practice to strengthen my finger picking skills?

sheils
    Participant

I’ve been dealing with pretty bad tendinitis due to over playing my ukulele? Any suggestions, and please don’t say ” take a break”.

oded2001
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I am very curious to know the effect and the reason, why dose the 4th string (g), higher in tone than the string below it (c)? In contract with guitar, the last string is the lowest one in tone.
    Thanks,
    Oded Neuhaus.

biggoomba
    Participant

What is a cool intermediate or advanced playing technique that can be used to spice up about any ukulele song.

Could be 2 answers if you wanted to break it out into a strumming technique and a picking technique.

I would love a strumming technique that could be used with a typical stemmed song and make it all fancy n stuff 🙂

ryanuke
    Participant

So I dove into teaching ukulele in a Jr High classroom setting this year. I have 3 classes daily for 18 weeks straight. I have found a few songs to teach them, some cool videos and a few pages out of a method book or two, but I struggle with not re-inventing the wheel. What are some good resources for this age group that I can introduce to them in a logical, skill-building, and motivational way?

ldtrew
    Participant

Aloha. I started playing the uke about six months ago. My aging parent with early onset Alzheimer’s is enjoying my playing and wants to play. I’d like to help them enjoy ‘playing’. Do you have any suggestions for teaching tips for very simple songs and easy chord changes. Thanks for all you do for uke.

strizaldo
    Participant

How do you deal with or prevent calloused and bruised fingers?

tottle321

Hey Andrew, I’ve been playing on a pretty cheap Mahalo Soprano ukulele for several years (with upgraded strings), and I’ve noticed it loses its tune more quickly now. Is there anything easy I can do about this, or is this unavoidable?

ddonaldson

Was there any one technique or concept that clicked in your brain that really accelerated or opened up your playing capabilities?

kduran
    Participant

I would be grateful to learn how to play chord melody, making use of chord shapes up the neck. (That is kind of a two-part skills question.😉) I would love to be able to upgrade from my Mahalo soprano in learning from your response. Kind regards–

abaluyot
    Participant

Hi Andrew – I often see you hit the “A” string with your thumb nail on the upstroke. I have tried doing that because it seems very efficient. However, I can’t seem to actually do it. Any tips?

Thanks very much –

Anna

shakils1
    Participant

What are your views on the kind of strings a beginner should use. I have ordered really cheap 2 dollar black coloured ukulele strings for my kmise 26 inch uke at the moment.

danny_avv
    Participant

What is the sound + playability difference between a concert ukulele and a longneck concert/ super concert ukulele? I want the fretting ability of a tenor but not really a large tenor body. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.