WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    kowina
    Participant

Is it ok to buy £1500 uke from Hawaii (Kanilea) online without hearing it first even though it has great reviews?

ettanner

I have been playing for about a year and I am looking to buy my first solid wood tenor ukulele. What would you recommend? I am looking in the $500 – $800 range, prefereably staying closer to $500, but willing to pay more for higher quality if warranted. Also, I prefer the wider 1.5″ nut as I find this much easier for finger style playing. Thanks!

arrbee
    Participant

What practice routine works best for best results for a intermediate player, short sessions repeated after a break, several times each day or one longer session with a longer break to let the brain sort things out say overnight?

robsutton24
    Participant

How do you pick up a song and start playing it, even if you know the chords? I always get tripped up on finding a good pattern to strum to.

hannah_lee

Hi! In your opinion, what are the best picking exercises for a “beginner” ukulele player? I want to improve, but I’m not sure where to begin.

june12
    Participant

How to memorize notes and chord progressions up the neck???

kudo27
    Participant

Hello Andrew! Thank you for all your lessons at Rock Class 101!
    My question is, what is the best way to play extended chords such as 9ths or 11ths? Are those even possible to play on a ukulele, since you don’t have that many notes?

benjamin
    Participant

Hi Andrew! Some people, like you, can play so smooth, clear and loudly. But, whenever I songs loudly, It always turns out to be not smooth or clear. And, when I play songs clearly and smoothly, it turns out to be too soft. So, My Question is, how do you play songs so smooth, clear and loud??

dinhlien
    Participant

When I strum the ukulele, my right-hand nails usually click against the uke and make ugly clicking sounds (like when you play the piano with long nails). Do you have any suggestion to help with that?
    -Linh

echenevex
    Participant

What are the price points for ukuleles, eg how much difference does a $2,000 ukulele make over a $400 one? Is it art or will the fingering be easier?

Patrick Whitaker
    Echenevex, France

ksolveigs
    Participant

Hey! Definitely a beginner here and the hardest part for me so far has been working on different strum patterns. I know most of getting comfortable with them will be practice, but how many strum patterns do you recommend to get comfortable with when starting out? Are there certain patterns that I should be focusing on getting first?

lacelk
    Participant

What is the best way to store my ukulele. From a hanger or on a stand or in a bag? Is there any special way I should store it when it won’t be used for a long time?

ukulelemelodies
    Participant

Cheap gadgets to record myself with? I heard about the zoom h1, but I don’t know if I need to connect a mic to it or the recorder alone is enough (I didn’t buy it yet).
    And proper way to hold the uke? I had tendonitis recently so I don’t want to spoil my hands again

joe150
    Participant

On the left hand, which fingers go to which fret. It my each finger has am fret assignment.

lbyrnecst

I belong to a group of about 20 uke players and would like to know what is the best mic to use to get the best sound as a group?

Larry

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.