WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Home Page Forums Rock Class 101 Ukulele Lessons WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    annemarie
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

What’s the best way to memorize a song? Specifically, is it better to look at the fret board or look away from the fret board and try to recall what the tab looked like?….Kind of the way David Carradine’s character in Kung Fu looked away when he was recalling something his master taught him! !I look at the fret board it seems to trip me up.

Thanks,
    Annemarie

kellyblackburn
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Here is my question…
    Why is the uke tuned the way it is? Have you tried slack key tuning or can you tune the concert uke like a baritone uke? Why is the uke so darn fun to play?
    Thanks,
    Kelly Blackburn

gailfliton
    Participant

I am still struggling with changing chords what can I practice to become more efficient?

dansimpson
    Participant

As a guitar player I am used to having fret markers at the 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th frets. How come some ukes miss out the 9th and put one at the 10th, yet others stick with the 9th?
    Dan

kimmie6
    Participant

Hi! I really love your tutorials…a nice change from the usual strum and sing ones that are more typical on YouTube. My question: When I started playing a bought a cheap soprano ukulele and then upgraded to a very nice Concert. I would like to purchase another instrument and was considering a long neck soprano. What are your thoughts on long neck soprano ukuleles? Good idea or gimmick? Thanks!

chipkk

Many Uke dealers advertise that they offer a Setup with every Uke sold and there are many videos with these businesses highlighting their process. But I am certain many of us have instruments that have come from other sources, gifts from family and friends, and perhaps just deals that were too go to pass.

So my question is “As a beginner player what are the signs or indications I should look for to see if my instrument is setup correctly, one that aids me in building my skills, as opposed to one that could be better with some attention payed to it by a person who fully understands that process?”

Thanks so much and this is a great offer that I am certain will generate many insightful and valuable questions for players at all levels.

karenj
    Participant

How can I get clearer sounds with my finger picking. Sometimes the notes are all warbelly and/or muffled, especially obvious on my recordings. Also, I’m wondering if you think strings make much of a difference, how often to change them, best brands, etc. Thanks for the great lessons.

ecogirl
    Participant

What is your favorite way to finger pick?

theandersons
    Participant

I’ve been playing multiple times a day for almost a year. Why can I not master or at least marginally do bar chords? I watch videos and others make them look so easy. I’ve tried all kinds of hand, wrist, and finger gymnastics to no avail… Help!

filville
    Participant

What is the cheapest intermediate ukulele that play well regardless of string type or class?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by filville.
    lixuan
    Participant

Hello Andrew,

I like the sound of tenor uke, but I have small hands and sometimes feel very difficult to stretch my fingers to press some chords. Do you think I can still play tenor uke well after practice or do you suggest I switch to a concert?

Thanks,
    Xuan

Hi Andrew,
    Playing ‘Our First Song’, I have trouble with the last quaver on each of the strumming bars.
    On the up stroke, how do I get the fretted C string to ring out and miss the G string?
    Regards, Jill S. x

adrimacfer
    Participant

Hi Andrew! My question is related with natural harmonics. I know that they can be found in the 2 and 3 (if you are a legend) and in the 5, 7 and 12 frets but there are more up the neck, ¿where are they exactly?

Many thanks.

katrinaanne

Hello from Oz!! Pretty much a newbie, age challenged student here and have made the ukulele my new “life’s goal”. Can you please discuss the pros and cons of a low G versus a high G? and which should I choose? Our uke leader has a low g, but I am not sure… I feel sometimes he High G is better. Sorry if you have already discussed this matter, just joined your online community today. Cheers Kate

tazsid
    Participant

Hi Andrew, I would like to know that should i try to learn different songs to get better on Ukulele or first learn concepts?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 176 total)
  • The topic ‘WIN Autographed Jake Shimabukuro UKULELE! || Lightning Round #2’ is closed to new replies.