A Special Request for Anne Godfrey

Home Page Forums Introduce Yourself A Special Request for Anne Godfrey

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    incywincy
    Participant

Oh gosh, being new around here I didn’t know. Bless you Anne and Tom, you’re both in my prayers. What a lovely thing to do, Andrew. More power to you!

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Tom & I are overwhelmed with your kind words & grateful for your prayers.

Tom enters his seventh year of hemodialysis the end of this month. He is on constant oxygen for COPD & survived a complete blockage to his posterior descending artery of his heart in July. Tom is filled with courage & gives his best to stay with his large family who loves him dearly.

You have touched our hearts in such a special way. We love each of you. Thank you for this incredible gift.

walter

Beyond the reef
    Sway
    You belong to me
    Autumn leaves
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Iz version)

These are what I would like to hear when I am in bed and may not ever get out. I know because I was there once.

stinyuke

Thinking of you Anne and Tom! What a great idea, Andrew. And I’m in as well for learning the song 🙂

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Thanks so much, dear friends, for your response to Andrew’s special request.
    So excited to see which song Andrew chooses!
    Sending big hugs for each of you.
    Blessings.

hotmilktea

Best best wishes for you and your husband Anne! Music is magic! My baby and myself are ill for half month, i can rarely play uke. But when i can, even 5minutes, i feel more peace and relief.

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Our prayers & best wishes for you, hotmilktea, & your loved one to get better, quickly.
    You are so right about music bringing peace & relief, especially these beautiful ukulele pieces that Rock Class is teaching us. A BIG, BIG HUG for you both.

wongbrown

Dear Anne, I am so sorry to hear that your husband is unwell. Hope each new day brings him closer to a speedy recovery and you find strength in this time.

Cheers, Sheila

mariainct

Kermit the Frog’s Rainbow Connection
    One of the most inspiring songs I’ve ever heard.

mariainct

Anne,

So bitter-sweet, my heartstrings ache for you. You inspire me that you have found a way to add joy to life’s hard times.

Maria

richo_uke
    Participant

Thinking of you, Anne and Tom. And I wish you all the best in the world, Tom.

Andrew, what a nice idea. And I believe that playing music helps, perhaps just a little, but it helps in hard times.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi guys, we released the lesson today! 🙂 All of the songs Anne suggested where awesome, but in the end we chose, “When I’m Sixty Four” by The Beatles because it has such a fun, playful melody!

Hope you enjoy it, Anne!

rickeymike
    Participant

So looking forward to learn and play this for Anne and her Groom!

annefgodfrey
    Participant

Wow! Overwhelmed with happiness & appreciation to Andrew, Matt & such kind & loving classmates. Ya can’t help but smile as Matt brings to us his rendition of the Beatle’s “When I’m Sixty Four”. Thank you. THANK YOU!

Much gratitude for prayers for my “best bud” as he continues his dialysis for ESRD & struggles with COPD. We now have home health nurses & a physical therapist to do everything we can to keep Tom at home with Maddie (our cocker-spaniel) & me. Thank you for continued prayers.

Rock Class 101 is one of the best things to ever come into my life… especially at this time. I humbly thank God for each of you.

Hugs, blessings & love,
    Anne

deadbuggy
    Participant

Anne and Tom,

A teeny tiny bit of the cute tune on a teeny tiny cute ukulele. This Ohana sopranino is new to my stable and it’s harder to fingerpick than I thought. My fingers may stumble, but I’m sincere in my wish for all good things for you both.

Best,
    Sara

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by deadbuggy.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.